What else other than Sentosa and Zoo in S'pore?

Yeah, no need to rent a car in Singapore. The MRT goes practically anywhere, and the buses go where the MRT doesn’t. It’s all clean and efficient. Driving will be a major headache and expense.

oh :frowning: What I meant was you know a taxi for the whole day with a driver. We have done it in quite a few cities. Just call up a company and they charge you per day for the driver+car. But that must be crazy expensive too eh??

MRT it will be then. Thanks.

If the MRT gets you to all the places you need, it will be an experience for the kids and fun in itself.

Yeah but we will have stuff and it was a thought. My kids are globe trotters, and if they could survive Cambodia happily, I am sure S’pore would be a breeze for them…the car is for me :wink: :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: When traveling, I’ll always take a hired car or taxi, if I can. I’m a BIG believer in taxis.

But from what I see on this thread, and based on your concerns about costs, and other people’s concerns about traffic laws in Singapore - your best bet is to slum it on the subway. You just won’t have fun if you are freaking out about where to park the car.

I have heard a lot of good things about Botanical gardens in S’pore. Is it really a must see???

What about Arab street??

[quote=“divea”]I have heard a lot of good things about Botanical gardens in S’pore. Is it really a must see???

What about Arab street??[/quote]

I’d give both a miss. The best things about Singapore in my opinion in order are:

1. Raffles Hotel (you have to either stay there or go there for a Singapore Sling).
  2. The Night Safari
  3. The food culture at hawker centers (East Coast Park for the seafood IMHO)
  4. Orchard Road for shopping
  5. Orchard Towers and Geylang if you’re into night entertainment
  6. Sim Lim for high tech shit

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Unclean living

1. Orchard Towers[/quote]
    Damn! You ain’t kidding!

In Strait-laced Singapore, who’da thunkit?

Arab street would be OK,do it only if you have time, but Botanical Gardens is a can-miss.

[quote=“divea”]I have heard a lot of good things about Botanical gardens in S’pore. Is it really a must see???

What about Arab street??[/quote]I thoroughly enjoyed the Botanical Gardens when I visited in April. If you like gardens it’s a must see. Arab street… meh. Nothing special. Not going to museums take away most of the stuff I did. You could go on one of the sightseeing boats, that’s pretty ok.

Uniqlo is wicked for clothes (coming to Taiwan soon though).

Hawker Centres are a must for food. I also enjoyed eating seafood in the East Coast Park.

I usually check http://ratestogo.com for hotels (I have nothing to do with them, honest). However if you use a Taiwanese travel agent they usually offer combination packages of hotel and flight which can be really good deals.

Also I second the nightsafari - that’s great fun. Taking one of these boat tours on the river is nice, too.

[quote=“StefanMuc”]I usually check http://ratestogo.com for hotels (I have nothing to do with them, honest). However if you use a Taiwanese travel agent they usually offer combination packages of hotel and flight which can be really good deals.

Also I second the nightsafari - that’s great fun. Taking one of these boat tours on the river is nice, too.[/quote]
Fantastic site :thumbsup: Even the hotels I had called last week and they had refused, had rooms on the site. Finally got the hotel bookings done yippeeee!!! :notworthy: