What exactly is being "too clingy"?

The woman is too clingy when she…

• calls/texts me 3 times a day or more.
  • calls/texts me everyday.
  • calls/texts every other day.
  • wants to have one-on-one together time with me all the time.
  • wants to be present in all of my activities.
  • must have my entire attention all the time, not matter where we are or who we’re with.
  • wants to know my exact whereabouts at any given point.
  • must see me (or talk on the phone for > 1hr) at least 4 times a week.
  • dislikes letting me hang out with my friends.
  • dislikes letting me hang out with my female friends.
  • dislikes most if not all of the other female species around me.

0 voters

In my short time on forumosa, this term came up many-a-times describing tw women. But what is considered clingy anyway? Just how clingy is “too clingy”?

In my opinion, some of these behaviors are clearly clingy while others are not. I guess you can select all of which you consider to be “too clingy” behavior.

As for “must see me (or talk on the phone for > 1hr) at least 4 times a week.”, this is ambiguous.

“Must see me at least 4 times a week” is not necessarily clingy, but “must talk on the phone for > 1hr at least 4 times a week” is clingy, in my estimation.

I can’t bear talking on the phone for more than 10 minutes, let alone an hour. Ugh!!

Clingy is jealousy multiplied by massive insecurity, in addition to meagre means of achieving self-worth through one’s own intiative.

Wait unto the roll is finished, then flee fearfully!

Men are far clingier than women, genrully speaking. Just sayin’, s’all.

Just sayin’ it doesn’t make it true. :hand:

Deep in the Congo is a band of apes that, according to local legend, kill lions, catch fish and howl at the moon.

Maybe in some thickly-forested, almost impenetrable parts of Oxford . . . the men are as sticky as treacle.

As for Taiwan, I’d say the women are clingier. Otherwise we’d hear more about Psychoxianshengs.

I agree 100%, in Europe and the US I have a few friends that more or less “smothered” their girlfriends into leaving them, I haven’t been in Taiwan long enough to form an opinion about people here but I’m assuming that things are the same.

I agree 100%, in Europe and the US I have a few friends that more or less “smothered” their girlfriends into leaving them, I haven’t been in Taiwan long enough to form an opinion about people here but I’m assuming that things are the same.[/quote]

Well, if guys are calling you clingy, they either aren’t very interested in you or they are insecure whackjobs with control issues, provided of course that you aren’t calling him about stupid shit all the time.

IMO, men are fairly likely to freak out about me seeing the male friends I have, and ask what I’m doing on a moment to moment basis than the other way around. Being very independent is a different marker in women than in men. A lot of guys pay lip service to liking ‘independent women’, but if it comes down to the fact that you don’t need them for anything, most start being weird. I dunno, I always think ‘I don’t need you, I just really really like you’ was far nicer than ‘My tiny world will fall apart without a man, any man, in it’.

Anyone know what the Canadians are on about?

i tend to think that i would like to know the whereabouts of my man because i care. i’d like to know what to tell the cops.

I’m Canadian and I chose all the options above save two as ‘too clingy’

See if you can guess which 2 :eh:

[quote=“Buttercup”]

Anyone know what the Canadians are on about?[/quote]

It’s all part of a cunning plan…

As a proud Canadian, I am honoured to share my viewpoint!

In the developed world, women generally have a higher status than men in the realm of dating. They are the “objects of desire” and can chose their mates. Thus, it is normal for many men to fear the loss of their mate as there is a lot of competition.

In Taiwan, most male WGR have a huge variety of choices in terms of mating, so the females become more insecure.

In the end, it isn’t about being male or female: it’s about being secure.

Insecure people become more clingy. Confident people take it easy.