I am currently writing a research essay which explores the discrimination faced by different groups of women within Taiwan.
The following are the groups I am hoping to explore:
- Married mothers who are Taiwanese
- Single mothers who are Taiwanese
- Unmarried, younger women who are Taiwanese
- Middle aged foreign looking women working in Taiwan
- Younger foreign looking women working in Taiwan
The questions I am hoping to get some answers to are:
- What sector do you or your co-worker/friend work in?
- What is your or your co-worker/friend’s level of education?
- Have you faced any sort of discrimination within the workforce? If yes, was it related to your race, to your marital status, or to your gender?
- Have you seen your co-workers or friends who fall into these categories face discrimination in the workforce? If yes, was it related to their race, their marital status, or their gender?
- Do middle aged women face difficulties greater than their younger counterparts in getting hired? Does this discrimination occur due to your/their age, or your/their experience?
- Do mothers find it hard to find child-care for their children?
Thank you in advance for your help!