What happened to Alley Cats Pizza?

So I decided to try Solo Pizza Napoletana, and here’s my short review: porca miseria!

Let me explain it. The dough, the crust, is GOOD. Probably that’s the way pizza is supposed to be, but I can’t tell because pizzas and me come from different countries. However, I suspect theirs are right.

The problem is… that even if it’s not super expensive, the place looks like a restaurant, you pay like in a restaurant, and it’s not a restaurant. The service is a bit on the crappy side, you have to pick up your food and dump the garbage later like if it were a McDonald’s, and everything is served in disposable plates. Cutlery is a plastic joke. If you want to add something to your meal… you have to queue in line again!

As for the food… well, my pizza was something like spinach and pork sausage, and although it was OK, my friend’s cheaper margarita was better. Was very good indeed. Then I also ordered some sliced salami (I think) because it was like 45NT for 5 slices. Well, I swear to God you could see through those slices, they were paper thin, and to me, nothing special flavour wise. We also had croquettes (just smashed potato inside??? crap… although that might be the Italian way, who knows) and a 99NT sausage, which was full of fat: it didn’t make any good to my stomach.

So bottom line is: it’s like a fast food restaurant and you should just stick to the simple pizzas, which are probably very good, but don’t expect them to be super filling nor very meaty. They have also affordable salads and other stuff I didn’t try. And the mushroom soup is not bad I guess.

2 Likes