What if I want to post in Chinese on Forumosa?

In short, you insist me to post with English, and that is what I don’t want.

I’d worry about your comprehension if you cannot figure it out from the thread topic.

I’d recommend, if your time is such precious, don’t waste it by scrolling this forum. And you’ve wasted some people’s time by making me stop posting links to Chinese contents.

If someone wants to live in a country where people communicate mostly in Chinese, surely it’s worth spending an extra thirty minutes a day to learn how to read Chinese.

這主題讓我有似曾相識的感覺。

2 Likes

Me too, me too.

Anyway, you successfully made me stop posting Chinese contents, as you want.

Whoa…I think this is the first time I’ve seen Angry @lostinasia:open_mouth:

3 Likes

1 Like

Oops. Not angry, no. Frustrated, yeah, and sort of tired of being misinterpreted, however. I don’t really know how many times I can say, “Please, keep sharing Chinese links!” (with I-think-minor provisos), and then be told things like “You successfully made me stop posting Chinese contents, as you want.”

(First time you’ve noticed me sounding angry?! Damn, you’ve been really successful at avoiding some of the Covid threads, haven’t you? Well done!)

5 Likes

Secret to staying sane in current year. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I forgot to recommend you to not post things the reader already knows or doesn’t care. You’ve wasted their time by making them scroll those posts, or making it difficult for them to find posts they want to read.

You can freely ignore Chinese contents without wasting your time, if you take time to translate it, it is your decision. but we cannot avoid scrolling uninteresting posts.

1 Like

Omg what a coincidence! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I actually do know a little Japanese! Hell yeah!
やった!:grin::grin::grin:

Thanks. Didn’t know about this.

That would be stupid. I would welcome Chinese language content.

But that would be your preference, not a forum rule, is it?

I feel like I missed a discussion or rule about this. I’m guessing that tando was posting Chinese language info, and someone asked him to provide English commentary, and so he stopped posting Chinese links?

Someone direct me to the action, I don’t know what’s going on.

no. A forum admin told me to post with English explanatory. If it is not a forum rule, I should not have been directed how to post.

Friendly neighborhood admin here.

The rule in “Learning Chinese” is that ANY Chinese content should be accompanied by some intelligible commentary or translation in English. Think “can someone who doesn’t know Chinese as well as I do make any sense out of those squiggles up there?”

The forum is Learning Chinese. We are (as a whole, not perhaps one particular thread for those who might want to post solely in Chinese) dedicated to making Chinese make sense to people, and those people have English as a shared fluent language.

This is laid out in the pinned thread titled “Please read before posting in 'Learning Chinese’”. It is indeed a forum rule and we appreciate your help with keeping “Learning Chinese” a place where those who might still be in the early stages of their Chinese learning journey can keep up. (Or, really, just us furriners in general. If I ever feel like I get out of the ‘early stages’ of learning Chinese, I’ll let you know. lol)

1 Like

Thank you! (I admit that I didn’t even look at the top of the page to see which forum I was posting in.)

A good decision and I am a Chinese speaker and not bad at reading. There is enough isolation here already without the need to mess up the best English language forum in Taiwan. They already have given threads, for other languages including Chinese. A good decision by @tempogain