What is it about rainy days that just make me so tired?

Like the song said ‘Rainy days and mondays alllways get me down.’ What happens if it rains on Mondays? Certain death? I tried to figure it out but the maths got a bit confusing.

Edit Not me, though, I’m in a rare old mood.

Best time of the year for a quick trip to a sunny locale. Asia is cheap. Jump on a plane! :sunglasses:

i thought that was st john’s wort? chamomile just puts you to sleep, which is an escape of sorts i guess…

but yes, hohum its looks pretty grim and bleak out there…and my yahoo weather gidget shows rain all week… :raspberry:

Maybe it’s because you’re a vegetable and need photosynthesis for energy. Certainly evidence would support this theory. :smiling_imp:

It doesn’t get much grimmer than this. And no end in sight…

It’s almost got me longing for the sticky, basting, enervating heat of July and August.

I read a report in one of the local papers about the recent “weird” weather in Taiwan - sudden force 10 winds in Kaohsiung that people thought was a tornado, April snowfall on Mt. Jade, a big sandstorm suddenly blasting in from China, cold weather with endless rain… The CWB said not to worry, it’s not The Day After Tomorrow (apparently some people were worried), it’s just flaky Taiwan spring weather.

And just think, in a little under two months we have the plum rains to look forward to. Llast year they hit Taiwan in late May. Canton gets its monsoon in March-April and apparently they’re in the middle of their annual soak. Saw something on Xinhua about the suicide rate jumping 80% during the rainy season.

But look on the bright side: April showers bring May flowers.

And June showers.
And those mid-afternoon summer showers.
And the indoor showers to get all the sweat off ya.
At least it should be pleasant by about October.
The weather may be affecting my mood, too.

But if global warming were to blame, I could stand it, but if it isn’t, that means like our certainties regarding the weather are subject to just so much random change… and I could not bear that. I mean I was planning to vote for Al Gore in 2008 because I thought we would all be dead from excessive CO2 levels by then. You mean we won’t be? And as to Stray Dog better to be a vegetable than like not. Wait. Better to be a vegetable than to look like one. No. I mean, well, just think of a snappy rejoinder and apply it to yourself because I, well, I was … nevermind.

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

rain still raining…

Today, the sun has come out.

fred is happy

The sun has got his hat on,
Hip, hip, hip, hurray!
The sun has got his hat on and I’m going out to play!

:bouncy:

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]The sun has got his hat on,
Hip, hip, hip, hurray!
The sun has got his hat on and I’m going out to play!

:bouncy:
[/quote]

sorry to be cup half empty but its not hot enough…all a bit watered down for me…

plus the yahoo widget still insists its raining forever…

EDIT: widget has changed its icon…its officially a sun day so we can all frolic naked in the park…yippee!!

I wonder who or what else has a hat on and is ready to play… :noway:

it’s a corker today what?

shall sneak up into the mountains at lunch time to commune with the squirrels…

widgets still forecasting doom and gloom for saturday mind

Speak English, dammit! :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt it. Your problems are probably the result of extreme old age.