What is most annoying?

I’m just curious as to what is most annoying in everyone’s eyes? Mine:
When people tell me about me. Whether or not it “fits”.
My old roommate would do that. She would sit there and tell me all about me. And it was funny. I would usually sit there (trying to ignore her) thinking “For someone who has known me for SO long, you sure don’t know me.”
I don’t understand WHY anyone would feel the need to tell someone how they are. “See you are (so and so type person).” I find this highly annoying.

Next?

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I’m just curious as to what is most annoying in everyone’s eyes? Mine:
My old roommate would do that. She would sit there and tell me all about me. And it was funny. I would usually sit there (trying to ignore her) thinking “For someone who has known me for SO long, you sure don’t know me.”
I don’t understand WHY anyone would feel the need to tell someone how they are. “See you are (so and so type person).” I find this highly annoying.

Next?[/quote]

You always post this kind of stuff.

SuchAFOB,
Why don’t you live alone? It’s so much nicer, especially when it comes to inviting your boyfriend over.
When are you headed for the States?

I won’t be back to the states for a year or two. And this isn’t a Taiwanese trait. This is more a western trait. So heading back isn’t going to change that this is annoying.
And notice I said “My old roommate”
Old being the operative word. My current roommates are nice to live with. And they don’t mind me inviting my man over.

And if you will reread the post you will see that I was in no way asking for advice. I was asking what everyone’s pet peeve was.

I find a lot of Taiwanese do tell others what they’re like: “You were born in the year of the Horse, you’re a Pisces and your blood type is O…oh, and you’re a Western man, so your personality is blah blah blah and you’re suited for blah blah blah…”

When people make assumptions about me because they know one or two bits of information about me, such as what I studied in college (Phil. & Hist.), that I was a cheerleader, that I went to grad. school and quit, or that I’m with a sailor, and then decide they know everything about me. Thus, they treat me like the stereotype of one of those things and assume they have me figured out. (People I work for right now are a prime example of this)

So…basically the same thing Fob said, it sems.

The term “HIV AIDS”. Choose one or the other.

…Hotpots…its always “hotpots”…

Amateur psychologists who think they can analyze people on the drop of a hat, and especially the ones who use terms that they probably heard on TV.

Parents who tell me they want their children to speak more conversational English but actually do nothing to practice with the kids in this way, despite speaking English well themselves. Put up or shut up; you’re annoying.

People who say things like “I’m a pisces, so I like water” or any derivative of that statement.

That’s my top three right now. I’ll change my mind later.

But you know thereare two good reasons for putting them together, right? At least I imagine there to be. First, some have the virus HIV but don’t have the syndrome AIDS; others also have AIDS. The joint term refers jointly to both problems, as an umbrella term, I think. More importantly, there are some bassackwards fools who refuse to believe that HIV causes AIDS, and pairing the terms should help reinforce the causal link in people’s minds.

You’re free to list me as an irritant now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now?? :laughing:

Pull up a chair…

[quote=“SuchAFob”]I’m just curious as to what is most annoying in everyone’s eyes? Mine:

Next?[/quote]

See? You’re such a person that hates that stuff.

Not too bad “a person who hates that stuff” when you already know I hate that stuff. It is more about things they have no way of knowing.
There is a certain waitress at a certain foreigner hangout that drives me absolutely bat shit insane. Despite said place having amazing food, I pretty much quit going because the waitress would stand next to our table for over half the meal telling whoever I was with about what a party girl I am.
I have NO idea how she got on thinking this and I usually would spend most of my time between bites going “No, I’ve never gone there. Nope. I’ve never been there either. Nope. I don’t even drink. Nope. I don’t know that guy.”

But you know thereare two good reasons for putting them together, right?[/quote]

Yes, but it doesn’t make it any less annoying. It’s like “safer sex” in place of “safe sex”. Technically accurate but grating to the senses.

I hate the little signs over the urinals that say “Step closer please”. No matter how close you already are, they still want you to “step closer”. I could be ear to the wall, my junk mashed up against cold porcelain, and still that damn sign would be goading me, telling me to “step closer, please”.

It’s enough to make a man insane.

[quote=“Maoman”]I hate the little signs over the urinals that say “Step closer please”. No matter how close you already are, they still want you to “step closer”. I could be ear to the wall, my junk mashed up against cold porcelain, and still that damn sign would be goading me, telling me to “step closer, please”.

It’s enough to make a man insane.[/quote]

I’m sorry Maoman for you guys, but that reminds me of a pet peeve of mine:
Guys who can’t hit the toilet, but manage to hit everything else. :s
Put the seat up gentlemen, but DON’T forget to put it down again either. Nothing sucks worse than getting up in the middle of the night while you’re still half asleep to use the Loo, and to fall into the bowl because you didn’t realize the seat was up!! :fume:

Bodo

People who knock on the door when I’m in the bathroom. Only happened to me in Taiwan. It’s weird. If they go to use the bathroom, and the door is locked, they knock on the door. Why? Does it mean I’m supposed to hurry or something? Very annoying. Often times, if you don’t answer, they knock again. Why??? It happens a lot here. What if no one is in the bathroom, are they going to break in the door? Annoying.

[quote=“Bodo”]
Put the seat up gentlemen, but DON’T forget to put it down again either. Nothing sucks worse than getting up in the middle of the night while you’re still half asleep to use the Loo, and to fall into the bowl because you didn’t realize the seat was up!! :fume:

Bodo[/quote]

Not just that. I don’t really want to touch the toilet seat to put it down. That’s just icky.

When I’m in some beautiful, scenic, serene area of natural beauty…and then I hear the sounds of…no, it can’t be…yes it is!.. KARAOKE!!! (And the people singing it are invariably terrible at singing!)