What is needed to bring for labor/delivery in Taipei Veterans Hospital?

I am about to give birth and registered at Taipei Veteran General in Beitou. I’m wondering what I need to bring for myself? I plan to pay for a single room and try for a natural birth if at all possible. There’s a chance I will need a c-section, but it hasn’t been necessary to be scheduled yet.

What I have already packed for myself:
pads
butt washer
toilet paper
nipple cream
wet wipes
hot pack
iced pads
vitamins
belly band
tucks
stool softener
disposable underwear

What I’ve already packed for baby:
various pacifiers
clothes for going home
diapers
wipes

1 Like

Hi, the wife gave birth to our son at Taichung’s Veteran Generalhospital on the 23rd of October. We had a similar list and half of it we didn’t need. What I’d pack for the next time is:

Pads
Bed underlays in at least 60cm x 90cm
Wet wipes for you and for the baby
Diapers in New born size.
Disposable underwear.
Some Books to pass the time
Disinfection wipes.

Stool softener was provided by the hospital as part of the general medication.
I’d wait with pacifiers for a few weeks until the baby is used to and can reliably drink from the breast.
Do you have someone who will accompany you during your stay?

We wish you all the best and get sleep while you have the chance! :joy:

2 Likes

Congrats!

A book. Always bring a book.

1 Like

If this helps, we nipped in to Les Enfants to browse the baby things. The cashier told my wife that if she brings her hospital issue pregnancy book with her she gets a free goodybag

Included in there was many handy things, including a really informative list of things to bring to the hospital for mummy and baby

And all came in a rather fashionable tote bag

1 Like

Toothbrush,toothpaste, soap.
Wish you all the best.

1 Like

did you need to bring any formula just in case? I have had friends need to supplement at first and their baby was picky. Not sure if a public hospital provides this if needed.

When I gave birth didn’t bring anything I just had my health card and wallet - the hospital provide the formula, diapers and all.

Okay thanks. I am hoping this is still true. I just toured labor and delivery last week and I was concerned because a list labor and delivery gave told me to bring some specific things, but only had three items and “etc” on it, so I’m concerned they now expect me to bring certain mysterious things myself.

they provided formula. the nurses and lactation consultants there were very helpful and will also explain everything for the n-th time, like in our case.