What is Republic of Taiwan?

Do you believe presently there exist a Republic of Taiwan?

• Yes
  • No
  • It is a state of mind, like zen

0 voters

Frankie Hsieh has been going on the campaign trail stating that he is running for presidency of the Republic of Taiwan.

Can someone run for office of a country that only exist in sentiment? Is there any document that has been ratified stating there exist this Republic of Taiwan that Frank is seeking office in?

If Frankie can become president of Republic of Taiwan, can James Soong become president of Formosa?

Frank can become President of the Republic of Taiwan… they just need to:

a) elect him
b) change the name of the country…
c) disband the KMT as it is the party of the enemy (based on a new anti-secession law made in Taiwan, that declares any company, association or party connected with China to be disbanded for possible cases of treachery).
d) declare Taiwanese, Hakka, Aboriginal (insert as many as you want there) and English as national languages, forbidding the use of Mandarin.
e) abolish the use of the Chinese characters, using either bopomofo or a new phonetic system that will reduce illiteracy to 0.

So I guess Frankie is living in a fantasy land and running in a fantasy race.

no, you are…

So where is this Republic of Taiwan that Frankie keeps saying he is running for President?
The ballots next year are going to be labelled Republic of China.

Seems kind of odd supporting a candidate that wants to hold office in another country.

mr boogie,

a) elect him
Yeah, elect him but still a big chance that he will lose

Yeah, fat hope

c) disband the KMT as it is the party of the enemy (based on a new anti-secession law made in Taiwan, that declares any company, association or party connected with China to be disbanded for possible cases of treachery).
Silly talk.

d) declare Taiwanese, Hakka, Aboriginal (insert as many as you want there) and English as national languages, forbidding the use of Mandarin.
You forget to include your mother tongue Portuguese, the language that is slowly fading away

e) abolish the use of the Chinese characters, using either bopomofo or a new phonetic system that will reduce illiteracy to 0.
Not in another 1000 years from now.

Don’t dream, mr boogie. Wake up and smell the beauty of the Taiwan instead of instilling hatred in Taiwan.

An insider’s news for you is that Taiwan’s immigration will be knocking at your door any moment from now.

[quote=“mr_boogie”]Frank can become President of the Republic of Taiwan… they just need to:

a) elect him
e) abolish the use of the Chinese characters, using either bopomofo or a new phonetic system that will reduce illiteracy to 0.[/quote]

Ha, Nothing to add. Just wanted to quote the largest amount of bollocks I’ve ever read. Just in case someone sobers up in the morning and it disappears.

I heard from mainland news reports that Frank Xie is sort of mid/moderate/neutral in his block, comparing with the now-president and Su, whom was defeated by xie in DDP nomination.
And I guess its the rule for president-election compaign… he must sigh many blank check, once he got elected, for sure he cannot commit most of the promise(especially those about CHina-Taiwan dynamics). Same for KMT too.

I understand maybe nowadays, the majority of Taiwanese voters would like keep distance with CHina politically, but the situation is of course not that easy can be solved by a referendumm hold in taiwan.
You know how our government will do once they are aware something would endanger their gripse of power. Which is ironic btw , they have been using propaganda to convince my countrymen that Taiwan must be taken over back… now this setiment is sortof nationalistic… Sorry for being off the topic. :noway:

[quote]) declare Taiwanese, Hakka, Aboriginal (insert as many as you want there) and English as national languages, forbidding the use of Mandarin.
You forget to include your mother tongue Portuguese, the language that is slowly fading away [/quote]

:bravo:
Mr boogie,
Tell me how can I use Taiwanese to communicate with aboriginal??
Don’t forget Taiwanese,Hakka languages which are originally from China,So we have to abandon it,too!?
What the bullshit,narrow-minded suggestions are. :loco:

Is that the appeal of Frankie? Supporters of fantasy nation wants a leader that speaks in a foreign language?

Maybe mr-boogie should show us what language he speaks in Taiwan? :smiley:
How many Aboriginal languages are there in Taiwan?
Bullshit,then I have to know every one of them? :noway:

As I said,mandarin is just a language for communicating ,like English.

Ma, the candidate that knows what office he is running for, speaks English I hear.
Frank, the candidate that looks terrible in aboriginal traditional apparel, speaks Got-yu I hear.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
If Frankie can become president of Republic of Taiwan, can James Soong become president of Formosa?[/quote]

No, because James Soong is not a Formosan. :smiley:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Ma, the candidate that knows what office he is running for, speaks English I hear.
Frank, the candidate that looks terrible in aboriginal traditional apparel, speaks Got-yu I hear.[/quote]

You meant Ma is running for the Governor of Taiwan? (Ma thinks he is running for the Governor of Taiwan)

What is this Republic of China you speak of? Is it the same one that was formed in 1911 and died in 1947 at the creation of the People’s Republic of China?

The Republic of Taiwan must be that place over on the island of taiwan, that little democracy we’ve all been hearing about. There is no Republic of China, despite what gets printed on mail stamps and bank notes. There is equally no Republic of Taiwan yet, as people can’t agree on the name. One thing for sure, though, is that it has absolutely nothing to do with China. Not even the same place, thank the lucky stars… Taiwan has not been a part of China since 1893 when it was given in perpetuity to Japan. End of story, though the PLA think its their birthright to steal it back. Stupid fuckers. You foreigners have to get over the conception you have that Chinese ethnicity equals Chinese nationality. Us English speakers have for a long time handled the inevitable tensions that brings, for it frees one from the tyrrany of ‘nation’ and allows one to become a ‘world’ citizen.

Passports, deeds, National ID card, registry, etc.
Talk about ignoring reality.

Name one piece of paper issued by the government, that has ROT on it…

“Frankie Hsieh has been going on the campaign trail
stating that he is running for presidency of the Republic of Taiwan.”
“President” Hu claims to be the the “President” of the “Rebublic” of China.
You can call yourself anything (gawd knows I do ) but what does it mean?