What is the best KTV in Taipei?

Any opinions on what is the best KTV in Taipei? I’ve only been to the V-Mix flagship, which is very nice, and a Holiday KTV, which was pretty disappointing.

My criteria are:

• Best song selection (inc. Mandarin, Japanese, and English)

• Best facilities, i.e. comfortable surroundings, latest equipment

Also, do any have (private) rooms with a stage?

charley
charley cwl213@nyu.edu

CASHBOX dear, try Cashbox… :wink:

Definitely Cashbox. I think this is undisputed. By far the best range of English songs (although still not great) and better, newer Chinese songs as well. Also most expensive and you should book a week in advance for the weekend.

Bri

If you want to be really cool, how about a weird all red 70s Chinatown Beretta KTV in Shimending where you’ll freak and have a once in a lifetime experience. Nah, forget it.

Poop.

I totally disagree with Bu about Cashbox. V-mix on Lin Sen North rd. has by far the best English song selection. The rooms are cool as well… Careful about the Taiwan beer from the mini-keg though, some friends and I were sick from drinking it once. The food is good too. Cantonese snacks. I am somewhat of a KTV microphone hog. I love that shit!

Really? It’s been 2 years since my last KTV outing, so maybe I should try that place.

Can you give me a sampling of what sort of English songs they have? Any hip-hop? How’s the price compared to Cashbox (now called Partyworld).

Brian

(Anyone up for a KTV night?)

Hmmm… Examples of songs… Can’t think of any off hand. The prices are comparable to “Partyworld” though. I just remember that V-mix has most of the songs that Partyworld has plus many more (English that is). Hip-hop…I don’t think so. I do remember Young MC Bust-a-move though.

Check it out

PM me if ya need a drunk singing freak to add to your party.

I’m game. I started a thred, but have been slow on updates because of the new game I’m playnig :laughing:

I just need a suggested place and then we can work out a time.

The thread is here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 553#230553

[quote] do remember Young MC Bust-a-move though.
[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like Partyworld’s selection. Their ‘hip hop’ range is Bust-a-Move, Run DMC’s ‘Tricky’ and ‘Gettin Jiggy Widdit’.

Brian