What is the most foreigner friendly bar in Taipei?

triggered by the words foreigner friendly?

Is that a catch 22 or just a conundrum?

If only I knew. I majored in unicycling and catching-cakes-with-your-face, not English literature.

2 Likes

Bar 45 had a narrow and steep entrance. I reckon they were trying to take us out.

Is it still open?

Those stairs were like a fuckin sobriety test.
If you could get to the bottom without breaking your fuckin neck, you were probably OK to git home.

Also shout out to 45 for the snottiest, most arrogant bar staff in Taipei :+1:

2 Likes

To be fair. they had to deal with all the Shane employees.

I think it’s still there. Half of it got lopped off at some point. I stopped going in lest I run into Peter lol

I used to go to 45, but it had already passed its glory days and been cut in half when I arrived in Taipei back in 2008. I’d always sit at the bar for a front row seat of the main entertainment, which was the rude service. That bar manager with the thyroid problem was something else. The music there was often quite to my tastes, and the DJ would sit in this crow’s nest kinda thing above the stairs. Then there was the toilet, which had a leak in the roof above so some genius had wired an umbrella to the ceiling; walls and ceiling painted black. Any girl that could stomach that toilet (er, possibly not the right verb … ) went up a few notches in my estimation.

If it’s still open they probably haven’t cleaned the beer lines out since I left. I might drop by and see … :joy: