What is the relative humidity in your place

I bought the little Xiaomi temperature and dehumidifier monitor and stuck it above my daughter’s crib. The settings on the phone app have a “baby mode” so it shows an unhappy face if the temperature/humidity is an uncomfortable range. I think the comfortable temp range is 20°C-24°C and 45%-70% for humidity. It shows a unhappy face if it’s out of that range
We realised that the humidity was 80% and reached as high as 88% - even when the house is 20°C this can make things feel chilly so we bought a dehumidifier, some 6L Panasonic one. Ran it for two days and got the humidity down to 60%

Things are much more pleasant now in the apartment and we don’t need to put the heater on as much

Humidity makes a lot of difference!

Our AC has a dehumidifier function but we discovered it was crap and didn’t do much

1 Like

Most modern dehumidifiers have a humidity display, so if you have a dehumidifier, you also know the humidity because the dehumidifier shows it

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense. We do have a dehumidifier, but haven’t used it in a number of years - not since we got air conditioners with a dehumidifier function. They’re good enough for our apartment, but we’ve got better through-winds and sun exposure than most Taiwanese homes.

1 Like

When i grew up we always had hygrometer, thermometer and clock sets. Old people loved these where i cam from. Now i get why. They arent super accurate, but they are ball park enough to get an idea. Especially for those with breathing issues. I measure our house cause i have always built vivariums so normlly have a couple digital ones running for fun.

Another issue i have, coming from humid canada (meaning dry) is constnt infections in the ear. This is probably my single most annoying thing in life as far as surrounding environment goes. Incredibly annoying and the meds they have have stopped working. I moved to a dry region of taiwan for various reasons, including this, and it ha improved. But taiwan is still very humid, very polluted and thus lots of spores everywhere.

1 Like

I would say that the higher level of humidity I’m now exposed to has had an overall positive impact in my allergy/respiratory problems, although I’m sure that occasionally I have issues because of it, maybe related to mold at home or similar.

I know that some people complain about this forum being Taipeicentric, but let’s post this as a reference of what we are fighting here:

Interestingly enough, opening the window this morning actually helped to low a bit the humidity at home:

OK, I’ll get you a hygrometer.

You can sell that, it’s distilled.

Wow, no barometer? This was/is my parents’ go to to check the weather.

It’s full of disgusting shit from the air. Do not drink that. They are about as clean as rainwater.

Might work for fluoride free water if that is important.

1 Like

What ? Do you drink yours? Maybe its a joke ok haha

Ill bottle mine and let you drink for free haha

1 Like

I bottle Taichung air water and am making a killing selling it on the mainland.

1 Like

Go farther south you might make more $$$ haha

No. That water is not even good for topping off aquariums. For watering plants… maybe. It has a lot of shit like mold spores.

100% i killed 4 tropical fishes in 4 hours adding thats as top off… sad i learned

Now dont incite like trump and get people killed, i would send out a statement retracting asap!!

Did I ever post that you should drink it? I said sell it as distilled water, not drink it. It could be used as water for steam irons. Who actually drinks distilled water?
Maybe I should rename it as condensation water.

I drink distilled water

Good for you, I hope you add some minerals.

Actually i worked at a water purification factory and since 19 years old i have drank only 0.0 tds water. No minerals .
Clean water is pure of all shit including minerals.

And yes the internet says if you drink pure water you will die. All minerals will be flushed out… BS!

Thanks for saying dont drink it, and kindly caring about my mineral intake .Lives will be saved

I doubt the water is that pure.
0.0 is virtually impossible I thought.

Tds meter dont lie much