What is the top tax rate in Taiwan?

Sorry, I should have added a comma after 50% for clarity. I.e., about half the population lives in public housing, and among those don’t, there are the world-famous cage dwellers (who actually pay more per square foot or cubic foot than the super-rich mansion dwellers on the Peak).

Singapore and HK tend to score well in (non-)corruption surveys. Taiwan… is the way it is. :cactus:

Singapore and HK were built to be international hubs. Taiwan… well let’s just say its history is different. :desert_island:

Singapore introduces an “outstanding foreigner” type scheme, and Taiwan tries to copy it. :cactus:

The HK government lectures HK people about why they should be nice to foreigners, and the Taiwan government lectures foreigners about why they shouldn’t eat Taiwanese people’s pets. :dog: :hotdog:

And so on… the point being, yes people like to pay less tax, but I don’t think that’s the first thing most talented people consider when they’re wondering whether or not they should move abroad.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

1 Like

Monsieur le Consultant is welcome to apply. :neutral_face:

Idk, if you’re going to go abroad for work one of the top priority is probably am I going to make money and save up as well.

Of course, but the plain tax rate is just one part of that, and every jurisdiction has its loopholes. Salary + perceived monetary value of benefits package - (tax - tax that can be avoided) - cost of living.

Actually, it is. There’s a reason why Europe isn’t attracting the same talent as America is and many are moving to America since the tax rate is extremely high. 40k EUR is enough to put you in the top bracket, your take-home pay is like half of that and I’m not exaggerating.

It’s definitely a factor.

A 20% Income tax is a huge difference compared to 40%.

You are basically telling lies or you really skip elementary math?

I get directly around 30k of euros in my pocket from 40k Euros yearly salary. You can google it, do not expect i will put salary papers online. This closer to 25 %, and not 50 %

Government gave me social - city apartment (probably 4k yearly), since am a single father, as well kindergarten is free of charge in this town (probably around 6k) + i get monthly child allowance (yearly 2k) + i get return on my income taxes (probably between 1,5k to 3k yearly). And government subsidence my language course, work courses and i even think they subsidence nannies, but i do not bother with it.

I will help you with a math. I get more than giving to a government, but you being single feminist simple does not understand how European government works.

System is very sophisticated, extremely generous to families as well to scholars.

Being in same situation in Taiwan, i would end paying similar % of taxes, just with shitty return (shitty kindergarten, no child allowance, no social apartment, no paid holidays, probably working longer hours, no pension - cause they do not giving to foreigners most likely). Only plus would be NHS, which i believe is best achievement of Taiwan economical miracle. And have it give to taiwanese government, yes they have shitty laws, but their administrative service is quite efficient and cheap.

Funny, never met an Asian really understand how European welfare system works. For em, is like government stealing money and give nothing back. Where they came from i totally understand such mentality and no trust in governments.

I don’t know which EU country you lived in. But taxes from what I understand can be pretty high in Italy depending on the income tax bracket. And you have to pay regional and local taxes. Plus corporate tax if you own a business, VAT/ sales tax, and some other taxes that I don’t understand. It’s pretty complicated and I’ve heard it can end up being around 60% of things once it’s all added with especially if you own a business.

But you are right that the gov does provide cheap housing and help with kids. They do this pretty well on most of EU that I know of.

And I guess you skipped elementary English. Have you noticed that you make grammatical mistakes left and right?

Yeah, you are a single parent, so you get deductions. The gross average wage in Germany and Austria are 3500 monthly and the net is like 2200; the tax burden and employer’s contributions for average wage are already 1/3. It’s all on eurostat.

Lol. If your salary is 1.4 million TWD, less than 10% of that would go into taxes. Who tf do you think you’re kidding.

In Austria, maybe, but try some other countries in Europe. It IS like government stealing money and give nothing back. Why do you think French people are protesting? Dimwit.

He does, but so what? He’s still at least as comprehensible as a Countryball cartoon. :slight_smile: :+1: