What is this doo-dad?

To the immediate right of the license plate. What is it? :s

That’s a thingymajig.

Or do you mean the round whatsit used for towing ?

a tow hook by the looks of things… either the driver’s not too confident in his ability to keep his German engineering on the road or else he’s not found a proper mechanic that can keep his 911 running realiably :wink:

[EDIT] sorry yes, in hind sight I was wrong… not only did BFM beat me to it by the narrowest of margins, but he used the correct technical term… it is indeed a thinymajig… :blush:

http://www.oregonpca.org/News/people_are_talking.htm

Some people probably think these add-ons are fashionable. I think it makes the car look mechanically unreliable. :laughing:

Well, since it’s a Porsche, there is a chance that owner does actually race the car, and tow points are mandatory for most track events.

I agree though that under the bumper of a slammed Civic, it’s just “rice”. “Look at me, I’m a racecar driver!” :unamused:

I want a red anodized one on the back of my stock '99 Sentra.
Or a blue one. Way cool!

Its where the wind-up key goes.

It a new “green” Porsche.

And where can I get a slice of that sticky-backed tinfoil to stick on the paintwork above the exhaust pipe with a sign reading “Danger! High Temperature!” I love that.

So it’s not a drink holder?

Clicky

I put the tow rings on when I go off-roading, but only keep a tow hook front and rear for daily driving.

It’s all moot anyway…Starting July 1st of this year, any aftermarket bumpers or even any appendages are going to cost you dearly in fines (9,000NT).

[quote=“MJB”]I put the tow rings on when I go off-roading, but only keep a tow hook front and rear for daily driving.

It’s all moot anyway…Starting July 1st of this year, any aftermarket bumpers or even any appendages are going to cost you dearly in fines (9,000NT).[/quote]

You mean like those bull bars that would kill you stone dead if they hit you, and are illegal in most other countries, yet they are everywhere here (on 4x4s at least)?

[quote=“MJB”]It’s all moot anyway…Starting July 1st of this year, any aftermarket bumpers or even any appendages are going to cost you dearly in fines (9,000NT).[/quote]Um, yeah. Like that law is going to get enforced for more than a week…

[quote=“irishstu”]So it’s not a drink holder?

[/quote]

hehe… good one