What is this Magical Windows Shell Experience I must ask permission for?

From time to time I get a message saying that I need to ask permission from an adult in my family to use the Windows Shell Experience.
Number one, I am the adult, the owner and the administrator of my Windows 10 System. I use the administrative account by default.
So far there’s really nothing that I want to do that I feel I need a special experience for.
What is it? And how can I

find the screen to give myself permission to access it.
PS: Ignore the connectivity error, I was just moving computers when the message came up. I figured there’s no time like the present to ask the experts.

1 Like

Nice try kid! :grin:

Personally I never experienced or heard of any issue like this, sorry.

Can you disable parental controls?

3 Likes

I think you can’t disabled that one, just restart your pc.

They obviously found something illegal on your computer and by giving them acceptance of responsibility you are now liable for everything that goes through that wire.

In these times the question really is…do you think im joking or serious…?

:slight_smile:

Ha.I just close the window and continue operating as normal.
It hasn’t stopped me from doing any task, local or network.
Still, I can help wondering. Y’all are probably enjoying your Windows Shell Experience and having time of your lives while sitting here staring at my spreadsheet.
I want to party too​:tada::tada::partying_face::wine_glass::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I find this:

I stumbled upon a possible solution (maybe just a workaround?) on another thread covering the same issue. Here’s what I did to resolve the warning (proceed at your own risk):

1. Right click on the Start button and click Run
  2. In the Run dialog box type in: netplwiz and click OK or press Enter
  3. In the User Accounts wizard look for duplicates of your user account and remove any user account that isn’t part of the Administrators group and click OK when done.
  4. Sign out of Windows and sign back in again.

A word of caution, consider backing up your user profile. While removing duplicate accounts in this fashion shouldn’t affect your user profile in any way, anything is possible. You might also consider creating a local-only administrator account as a backup in case you are the only admin on the account.

I have been getting the “One Drive isnt signed in” one of late. Then when you do login it says "error try again later’. Or it even happens half way through updating a Spreadsheet, says unable to upload as not logged in. Solution - Ignore it all, 5 mins later all is working.

Looks like a recently updated version of Office 365 and/or OneDrive has screwed a few things.

Most likely a Windows Update, for what I read in other forums