What is this thing called, love?

There must be a word for this:

Anyone know it?

1 Like

Can we get a few introductory comments?

A question and click this link, look at this a but sus

1 Like

It’s a football crowd in the UK chanting. It’s sounds like a bunch of other things.

@superking and I wondered if there was a name for this kind of thing.

There is this (if that’s what you meant)

3 Likes

Hair is hiss?

I believe you’re right!

Whoohoo new word!

1 Like

That’s right up there with

psithurism

2 Likes

I went down the list of every phrase and heard each one cleanly apart from the last one.

It’s very interesting. It’s like a piece of writing where all the words are deliberately spelled incorrectly but we can still comprehend it (Or we think we can ).

1 Like

And we wonder why we have a hard time discussing intimate and personal topics like politics and god and philosophy. :laughing:

We hear what we are able to hear and speak what we are able to say and linguistics and cognition are not equitable.

2 Likes

Wow, thats amazing that you hear which ever phrase you are looking at.

The topic reminded me of this:

1 Like

People here/hear what they want to hear. Sometimes people don’t hear what they don’t want to hear.
But we are getting into “Alice through the Looking Glass” land.
Interesting post.

1 Like

That cracks me up. It’s Monday morning too. This is just freaky. :rofl:

That’s kind of like being on Acid (Not that I would know) when the brain just fills in blank spaces because the neuro signals are confused or slowed down ? I guess not. Crazy :anguished:!

1 Like

See, I don’t think there’s a choice.

I think people have limitations and those limitations get exposed when they swim too far from the shore of their knowledge and experience.

It’s really why I enjoy reading and conversing with people way smarter than me. I don’t mind rolling with black belts as a blue belt, even though chances are sooner or later, I’ll tap out because can’t keep up.

It’s humbling.

1 Like

That’s not what acid does at all. :laughing: if anything, acid takes your consciousness back into a pre-linguistic state and if it doesn’t, you didn’t take enough. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Otis Redding’s famous song, Sitting on a Chocolate Bay

1 Like

“There’s a bathroom on the right.”

CCR

Jimi Hendrix: “'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.”
Young Rascals: “You and me and Leslie…Groovin’” causing thousands to wonder (including me)“Who is Leslie?” (“You and me endlessly”…)

I think I’ve read that is what it does as well. Both that and what you said could be true. One is a mechanism, one is a result.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ll defer to you guys about what you’ve read about lsd .

One never knows, do one :slight_smile: Something chemical is going on up there, right?

1 Like

In the very least. Transcendent consciousness bending biological imperatives, for some folks.

I liked the lights; I have astigmatism. Up and to the left like I was back to a black hole. Never got that from a book. :idunno:

2 Likes