What is True Happiness to you?

The homemade Nasi-goreng my wife just made … Wow! Utter umami awesomeness.

Wife (TW) and I went to Trastevere on a trip, and realized

a. it is definitely possible to burn out on Italian food
b. a lot of noodles they ramp up the price for are basically chow mien, there are seriously overpriced medicore restaurants in Italia in the tourist areas.

The good ones are so badass tho.

1 Like

:astonished:

@_Lilith are you hearing this?

It’s actually something that surprised me the most. The number of bad restaurants in Italy. A lot of them target tourist. But still there are many bad ones Italians seem fine eating at.

I don’t get it, now that my taste in Italian food has become more refined from living with Italians who cook, I can’t stand to go out and eat in my town besides a few restaurants.

2 Likes

She’s always sick of it haha. She Wanted some stinky tofu the other day.

Have we reached peak quarantine? :thinking:

4 Likes

I think it’s day 21 for us. And it looks like it will be extended. People are getting pretty restless and upset now.

True happiness for me: silencing the self-doubt, not being bothered by other peoples expectations of me. Peace

I’m 85% there I’d say.

2 Likes

Are you sure?

3 Likes

I doubt it.

1 Like

I expect you to doubt that you aren’t bothered by other people’s expectation of you.

1 Like

i don’t know what is true happiness but i know what is true sad and its surprisingly brings happiness and meaning of life.
Did you guys ever think that we eat food everyday and drink so we can keep alive.we go to shopping and buy one more tshirt like we bought many times before.we do things and and nothing changes.you can sex one more time and nothing changes.
people think they are living for find something such as money,sex,happiness ect.One day come and they go to die like others.The sad side of the story nobody will thank you because of you lived happily,you found meaning of life or you fckd 1000000 times.These are not important.Nothing important.
Work is ridiculous.work for someone more ridiculous . Evertyhing in this life is ridiculous.
we will die like small ants in this small dot,like everyone we knew.
the system taught us that if you are rich then you succeed.
i bought new tshirt. then what?
i bought new car . then what?
i fcked everyday. then what?
i eat everyday. then what?
they say im dickhead. then what?
nothing changes and time will sweep everything.
Time is important,happiness is important,find meaning of your life,help others,faith,money,freedom,knowledge bla blaa nothing is important.
These are just what they taught us.
i don’ give a shit what people and systems want me to do.
and this is not important also.

everyones name will show here one second and bye… https://worldbirthsanddeaths.com/

2 Likes

Yeah sure. It’s useless taking a road trip across Europe. You wake up, have breakfast, go out, visit beautiful places, meet interesting people, drive to the next city and go to sleep at the next hotel. Nothing changes. Then one day the trip is over, like for anybody who’s ever started a trip. And nobody’s gonna thank you for taking that trip. Taking a road trip across Europe is not important. Learning a new language to understand the locals is ridiculous. Stopping a few days at a farm in Czech Republic to help them build a fence is even more ridiculous. The whole trip is ridiculous, cause it’s gonna end anyway like anything else in the world, nothing different from a scribble on a map or a walk from the kitchen to the toilet.

2 Likes

thats right:) its not big deal. you can do many many things. even you can conquer the world.

So do you mean that nothing is important? Are you a nihilist?

i dunno maybe. my brain go to result so fast. im resulist haha.

So what gives you happiness?

i don’t refuse happiness or other life things.just say they are not important as we think.i can be happy or sad.in the end everything we knew and experienced will be stay here and disappear later.

3 Likes

To my way of thinking, since everything is the here and now, it becomes more important.

That’s seen from the perspective of a galaxy. If you take the perspective of a bacteria living in your body, you’re basically the Universe, the longest thing that has ever been and the longest thing that will ever be. The point of view you take to consider your life is arbitrary, so how about you choose a simple human point of view? That sounds like the healthiest thing to do. In the end you’re here for some time, might as well enjoy the ride.