What is your favorite place for hot pot?

I went here a few weeks ago. It was the most hipster trendy place you could imagine, but the food was quite good actually and i enjoyed it.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s Chan Chi.

I wouldnā€™t call it hispter and trendy. It is very popular.

This is the tea they give you. If that ainā€™t the most hipster Instagram looking bottle of tea ever then Iā€™ll eat my hat. They put flowers in it too, which is dumb, i had to fish them out.

1 Like

What kind of tea is this? I hope itā€™s not dog tea.

lol thatā€™s not tea. Thatā€™s plum juice. And howā€™s that hipster? It looks retro af.

:rofl:

1 Like

second picture says ā€œwhite sunflower dog juiceā€. May contain dog.

I didnā€™t see it at first because of the small phone screen.

1 Like

Not that kind of retro.

It had flowers and dog in it then. Not cool.

Retro has become hipster now. Most cafes are basically just full of musty smelly old junk.
Nothing cool about it when its copy and pasted by everybody.

I know that drink uses the word for juice or soup in chinese but i donā€™t think its really a juice, its fine to use tea, as its more of a concoction.

Not the first time Taiwanese screwed up putting dogs on any product to ā€œpromoteā€ the cutenessā€¦

2 Likes

If itā€™s not made from tea itā€™s not tea.

The picture seems to imply itā€™s made from dog eggs (hence the colour, I guess). Just the restaurantā€™s little joke?

Any of you guys in Danshui, I really recommend 大ē¦é‹ē‰©. Best hotpot in the area, IMO, for a very reasonable price :+1:

Seems like the ā€œwhite sunflowerā€ is the brand of the juice, not the juice.

I have no idea why they described it as ā€œdog juiceā€.

Maybe it goes well with 香肉

Incorrect. In English, as well as Chinese.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just a pun. ē‹—걁 sounds like ęžœę± which means JUICE, not TEA.

This place is extremely popular. If you donā€™t reserve and try walking in the queue is 4 hours on weekends.