What is your favourite instant noodles?

I second this one… I hated US based Top Ramen before this happened (but ate it when I had too much month at the end of the money), but this… THIS… Made me absolutely swear off anything else, plus I was already in a better tax bracket when I had it.

You do have to consider that top ramen retails for 12 cents a pack. That’s like cheaper than any standard ramen in Taiwan (12 cents is about 4nt). You can’t expect a whole lot for that.

This thing is a lot more expensive.

You get what you pay for.

chapapagetti
indo mie

The only soup one i like is some korean cheese flavour one.

And for some controversy.

I need to try that. It seems like a nice change from Taiwan and Korean flavors which I’m most familiar with. I used to eat ramyun about once a week. My wife and I would add ingredients and it made for a tasty, easy, and cheap meal. We don’t each ramyun much anymore but I do get a craving for it from time to time.

1 Like

It is basically just a curry soup + noodles so you should plan to add some more ingredients for a complete meal.

I usually add eggs, fish cakes, spongy tofu (tau pok) (local hot pot supply approximations) and 青江菜 (bok choy)
I wish I could find good shrimps here for a decent price.

https://nomadette.com/singapore-laksa-noodles/

1 Like

Spongy tofu you mean those frozen ones right?

Any tofu turns spongy if you freeze and thaw them.

I think it is fried.

豆腐泡

Yea, that’s the tofu with the golden skin.

Frozen tofu isn’t fried, it’s simply medium firmness tofu that was frozen then thawed. All tofu looks like that once you thaw them.