What is your Taiwan level?

Could make a quick trip and stay in a shady hotel in Keelung, just to get a bit closer…

:nerd_face:

1 Like

:laughing:
My first time staying in Keelung was in the shadiest hotel ever! My buddy and I are always ragging on Keelung (it takes the distasteful focus away from Taoyuan)

3 Likes

Never stayed in Changhua and Chiayi City, but we did visit a hostel in Chiayi once to take photos. Lugang is one of the better known places l haven’t been for the longest time. Maybe 15 years?

Do I get extra points for knowing the surgeon that stitched him (Ah-Bian) up and claimed that it was all an inside job? Probably not. I was living in Tainan at the time he was shot. Very memorable days.

My overall score is 86. Lots of places yet to visit for longer than a few days. Matsu is high on that list. Thanks for the link to this interesting checklist.

2 Likes

Proof this is made by either foreigners or sky dragons. I wont take the test in protest compairing those 3 as one…

2 Likes

I should probably at least pass by Keelung…

4 Likes

My personal favorite

1 Like

Not to be dickish, the countryside is alright. But the wife used to take me there just for that old street. Which is kinda cool, but frankly as its all selling random crap from elsewhere not so cultural after a couple visits. Also incredibly hard to find accomodation on hollidays. I have spent a couple nights on the street there as i refused to drive to taichung for the greener pastures for late night 711 beer and homeless styles tourism.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that should get extra points.

Guy

Nah, i own a car so im just a tourist. I just HATE driving there at midnight, 711 beer trumps that shit everytime, even if its a tarp on the side of a road. Did i mention i am divorced with her haha.

1 Like

o’ really? As someone not keen on flying in general, that’s not good to hear

How about the ferries? I think there’s a ferry to Penchu right? (I can’t swim so not too keen on those either but…)

Yes, boats exist. I personally would rather risk air travel death or swimming shark attack death than the puke boats…but to each their own.

Never been to Taitung either :crazy_face:

2 Likes

How many years you got in?

You should go. It’s really not like other parts of Taiwan. It’s like Taiwan got a do over.

2 Likes

Got in in 1989, no parole until 2030…? :wink:

1 Like

Saving the best for last, huh? :hugs:

1 Like

You have an expiration date? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

not to pry, but have you lived in the same general locale for the entire time?

Always Taipei area, including Wanhua, Tamsui, Yongkang Street, and Yonghe

1 Like

How about yourself, Mr Smith?