What it takes to REALLY keep a man (or a woman)

This is an excerpt from the msn article on why people cheat…It’s got some good points. Any views on what really keeps a man or a woman?

http://women.msn.com/886301.armx

Bugger that.
I’ve been keeping way too many men recently. I think it’s time for ME to become a kept woman for a change.
Any advice?

[quote=“twonavels”]Bugger that.
I’ve been keeping way too many men recently. I think it’s time for ME to become a kept woman for a change.
Any advice?[/quote]

Behave bitchy.

Never pick up the bill for anything when invited out and make a scene, if he tries to make you pay for the food, drinks, whatever.

Go for a rich old guy, or try to get a guy who’s a gentleman.

Namahoottie must be really expecting her upcoming singles night to pay rich dividends. We’ve gone from ‘where can I find a man’ to ‘how can I keep a man’ in next to no time. A triumph of the purest optimism.

I don’t believe that people are unchanging things that can be held onto. Time moves on, we learn and have new experiences, we grow, and we change. Some people grow together, most people grow apart. Trying to hold on to someone when they are no longer the person you originally got together with is just silly.

If you find a decent person, and treat them with respect, then there’s no reason for your relationship to really ‘fail’. But if you are both dynamic people doing more than simply existing on this planet then you are going to have your own lives which will progress in their own ways. They may intertwine and stay together for years or for ever, but in all likelihood you will grow apart eventually.

Fighting that natural process, and trying to ascribe blame, is probably the biggest cause of ‘break-ups’ among people who could have cheerfully accepted their differences and remained respectfully fond of each other. Trying to keep someone says more about your needs than about your appreciation for what they are. Don’t do it.

[quote=“twonavels”]Bugger that.
Any advice?[/quote]
Recently, we were all treated to photos of one of your past boyfriends (thank you, Juba). I would have to say that anyone with a body like that, and that kind of clothes sense, is not a good candidate for a “sugar daddy.” Choose someone older and more conservative.

You don’t want to keep “the mask” anyways, twonavels.

Perhaps you are where you have to be a sugar mummy if you want guys around 20… someone fortyish might be better.

Damn, it SO seemed like everybody missed that post. :astonished:

I’m definitely not ready to give up my boys yet. Maybe I can get some unfortunate old guy to sponsor me, and have the boys on the side.
Twonavels’ Taipei Anthem: Kenny Loggins “Playing with the boys”.
Hmmm…maybe it’s time I got a signature!

Well - twonavels - as you get more “mature” you will notice that keeping the young flesh coming gets harder. At least, that’s the experieice of the middle-aged males I know.

hell twonavels, when we gonna have a drink so you can teach me the tricks of the trade. I wanna lure some of these PYT"s in to my den of inquiety (sp!!)

Yes, agreed, except I go for the “Den of Inloudity” type myself. Where volume control has only one setting, and it’s at “full blast”. For the music, that is :sunglasses:

People only really want what they can’t have…I certainly run my love life this way. Maybe I’ll only be happy once I’m too miserable to leave someone :smiling_imp:

When you’re single all you see are couples. When your in a relationship all you see are hookers. (gaffigan)

There is a seminar series by Mark Cunningham called Build a Better Girlfriend which addresses some of the issues being discussed here. The guys who went to the seminar thought it was going to be all about how to change their girlfriends and wives into super-submissive hot-sex given’ women . . . when they were asked about the kind of things they wanted their girlfriends to do for them, dressing hot and being personal sluts with high sex drive and wild desire to perform fellatio and all sorts of thing at any time any where were high on the list . . . then Mark went over just how you get your woman to do anything and everything you want her to . . . BE THE KIND OF GUY SHE WANTS TO DO THOSE THINGS FOR!

Women will do anything and everything for a man if they believe that man loves and respects them and will stay with them.

Some thing goes for guys.

Mark also wrote a book with some similar concepts but for a very different market . . . How to Score with Married Women . . . as a therapist, he saw a lot of women who had had affairs and so he asked them about the experience, the whys and wherefores of it all . . . he found that there were certain universals among women who were open to an affair or leaving their husbands . . . and that women who felt secure in their relationships and satisfied did not stray. Men and women can ensure that their spouses will not stray by maintaining healthy and loving relationships and charging those with energy, love, and passion. Don’t get lazy just because you’ve been married a few years or together longer than dirt. Passion needs periodic recharging and when it is recharged, there is no straying.

• Brian

[color=blue]BE THE KIND OF GUY SHE WANTS TO DO THOSE THINGS FOR! [color=red]Women will do anything and everything[/color] for a man if they believe that man loves and respects them and will stay with them.

Amen! …Well almost everything! :laughing:

Simple:

have a sense of humor
treat people with respect, unless they’re jerks
don’t dig up the past when you quarrel
sense of humor
don’t be a smart ass
have compassion
laugh
don’t stare at people who are different from you
ask questions if you don’t understand
humor
have an open mind
laugh

[quote=“914”]Simple:

have a sense of humor
treat people with respect, unless they’re jerks
don’t dig up the past when you quarrel
sense of humor
don’t be a smart ass
have compassion
laugh
don’t stare at people who are different from you
ask questions if you don’t understand
humor
have an open mind
laugh[/quote]
And don’t get mad when, after doing all that, you start hearing about how “you’re such a nice guy…”

You mean the “You’re such a nice guy, but…”?

Same thing. Whether it’s implied or stated outright, that phrase is always followed by “but.”

Namahottie, the quote at the beginning:

That’s a great idea! Act like a completely psychotic bitch who doesn’t give a shit whether a man stays or goes, and remain completely detached from the person you are supposed to love and cherish. He should do the same thing, and that way there will be no affection at all! Sounds like a good formula for a loving, caring relationship.

That reminds me of my ex, who whenever I had anything negative to say, would reply:

“If you don’t like it, then just leave”.

That was all good and fine, and making me believe that I was barely good enough did keep me on the mat. However, the day I took her on her word, it came home to roost.

Yeah, but the use of “why don’t you just leave?” is not limited to women. My own ex- used that phrase once too often, and was astonished when I took him up on his kind offer. :smiley: Had no idea he had such good ideas…