What just happened? Everything is different

The tips are kinda helpful, if distracting. The bits of “wisdom” are a little odd.

Probably, but press F7 and let us know definitively.

“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society - Mark Twain”

Okay. MT is not taking into account the rise of Instagram with the Kardashians, etc. Naked people on Instagram are definitely having lots of influence on society today.

2 Likes

I can’t, I’m on mobile.

Tell the truth, I’ve about had my fill of Mark Twain due to the change. I hope we see less or better, more of him soon.

Well, your sudden lack of credibility on this issue shouldn’t impact things too much, I wouldn’t think.

We should probably wait until others weigh in on whether f.com is dead or alive, of course.

Why the fuck am I getting links to the STEP program? Why not go the whole hog and link direct to green card lotteries and mail order brides?

Seriously?

Pretty obvious by now to any innocent bystander that you’re hiding multiple MAGA hats. Probably wearing at least one to bed nightly. :idunno:

NSA wouldn’t have flagged your display for any other reason, pretty sure.

Don’t really like unrelated distractions in the middle of a chain of thought.

Reading through a thread compiling my thoughts to reply and then boom a distraction back to zero.

Imagine if books were like that.

Frustrating.

Maybe a tip after every five topics of reading but not every few posts. Anyway will have read all the tips pretty soon anyway. So don’t put anything important in the tips because they will soon become skimmed over and then ignored.

This huge tip of the top of the screen make less viewable topics at the bottom. Notice the difference?

Less numbers of interesting things on the screen for potential readers.

Screenshot_20190812-085547_Chrome

Screenshot_20190812-085600_Chrome

And with an advice that goes in a totally opposite direction from the Roosevelt’s one…

20190812_093026

2 Likes

Good point.
However, it is about the same size as the ads that used to be there, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEZAHexacA&feature=youtu.be

Another great wisdom, as Cartman can attest by singing.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage - Laozi”

Can Goose Egg maybe explain why he’s activated this functionality? I see no benefit to it.

2 Likes

I’ll have what he’s having!

1 Like

I agree. Tips and Wisdom is distracting, and rather useless.

Maybe they can personalize the tips, like only about a sex, or beer …

Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Desktop version

TIP: why don’t we roll out new releases of the forumosa web app to our heavy users, like some of the critics on this thread, to beta test, before release?

This is a terrible update. Occasional tips are okay at the top or bottom but not in the middle of a thread. See no point in the wisdom posts. Feels like I’ve downloaded some virus that puts random ads on pages. Would honestly actually prefer AdSense ads over these strange ‘wisdom’ quotes.