What just happened? Everything is different

Yeah that’s the one

Pls let the Australian dudes know I’m almost out of Vegemite and may need emergency supplies

Isn’t it @Marco’s matter?

Weren’t you going home anyway?

Like I said, emergency supplies!

Fwiw, I have ad blocker turned on all the time since I hate ads and their annoying behavior on the page. So, not a fan of ads at all.

But this really isn’t too bad (I see now that there are Sponsor and Recommended tags showing along with tips and PSA). They’re small, they’re discreet, they stay in one place, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to ignore them soon.

And I saw an ad for Steven the Mover, whose services I may use later this year for international shipping of some of my things.

All in all, I think this is going to turn out ok.

1 Like

Is this tip (and other tips) even useful if not on computer and maybe on phone or iPad or smartwatch or TV?

no

Tip: Tips may not apply to you or your situation. But it will distract you from whatever you are viewing.

2 Likes

aww

We could label it a Desktop Tip or Tip for Desktop users

1 Like

I don’t like wonderful, warm hearted people, so that tip is useless for me.

2 Likes

Tip: Some people may disagree with you. That’s OK. Please do not accuse or call others names. It’s OK to agree to disagree. Otherwise post anti-CCP content. Nobody can disagree with that. /thisblurredtextisajoke

2 Likes

The tip and wisdom make money too? Or three of ad, tip, wisdom are a package?

Now, I see recommendation too.

If we could find a way to make money off the tips and wisdom, we’d be golden!

1 Like

What about Adsense?

AdSense doesn’t work for forums. I haven’t checked recently but I don’t see why this would change. For a 6 month stretch about 10 or 15 years ago, I had set up AdSense on the forums and on Taiwanted, which was a classified website we were trying to set up. Taiwanted was still half baked, almost empty of ads. But the numbers in AdSense were striking - the forums had 10x the pageviews of Taiwanted and barely a click, while Taiwanted had 10x the click-throughs of Forumosa!

AdSense is a pain to set up and is no guarantee of income. And integrating it into DFP makes an already complicated system even less comprehensible to me. All for – maybe – 20 cents a month? It’s something of that order.

I would much rather serve useful messages from people I’ve met and spoken to in exchange for a fixed fee. That’s all the sophistication I need

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, I’ll be less like that in the future!

That’s not going to be a problem