What kind of Taiwanese Products would Europeans like?

So in Estonia, with age 30 or so Taiwanese lady who will based here in the short term (Baltics/Nordics). So to help try to get her to promote some Taiwanese made items, trying to use some soft power. Example, Japanese soft power makes it easy on me (Japanese) to talk to others as people have interest in food and culture, mostly younger people. It helps me in meeting new people mostly social life but does lead to business connections. So my co worker thinks about this and is slow to come out with ideas, we did bring some pineapple cakes and beer which people like but thinking of more soft/culture items. So Euro people in Taiwan, what do you find interesting in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Affordable air conditioning units :joy:

I can’t get over the no air conditioning in Europe. It’s a luxury to them :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Kavalan whisky?

3 Likes

I always find the glass beads (the simple bracelet or keyring version) with an explanation of the meanings, works well.

1 Like

Gogoro

1 Like

They have Taiwanese scooters in Europe. Italy especially.

There are many high quality teas with great packaging. Go for the gold fish tea bags ones for max presentation.

Maybe one of those drink carrier bags with Taiwanese themes for those who get their coffee on the go?

Dried fruit, like mango or guava?

Night light shaped like a book with Taiwanese themes on it. Not that expensive either.

2 Likes

They really have the same or similar set up like in Taiwan, the battery swap stations and everything?

As a European with a palate for fine teas, I am afraid it would go bust. So many will spend 10 euros on a coffee but want tea bag cheapness. :laughing: when it comes to tea. That being said, bubble tea has caught on.

1 Like

But those tea shops are filled with all manner of bizarre creations. You go in looking for a simple green or milk tea and you cannot find it. Something with 50 different toppings however, super easy.

Yip, I had to throw out one I had got in Limoges in France because it was so sweet and they’d added a bunch of sugary crap additions. But that is common in Europe. Don’t get me started on the Britishification of Chinese food in the UK.

4 Likes

Seems Europe does like more shit tea with loads of chemical flavors added. North America as well. But instead of that being a bad thing, one that wants to put in time educating and marketing good tea, has loads of untapped market. It will eb a hard sell, sure. Seems most western places like ultra flavor enhanced crap over more expensive natural quality. But that’s for the companies starting g there to open the market. It shouldn’t be super hard given the global trend for healthier food and less food related diseases like cancers, diabetes, heart conditions, liver, kidney so on. But it will surely take time and effort. It’s not an immediate flip produ t type profit. It’s a passion project that will relate results long term, likely less so short term.

1 Like

Equal to taiwanification of western food :wink:

2 Likes

= logical. Pander to the local tastes. It takes a decade at best, 2-3 decades normally, to actually switch around cuisine acceptance on scale. Indian here is still not common despite many spices being shared with Chinese cuisine. Long road for those willing. But thankful for them.

Then ther eis McDonald’s which brings in trash and every breakfast store copies the style and has crappy burgers for cheap on every street corner. Food is a fun game.

I remember my wife’s disappointment when she saw what was being served in Chinatown in London.

1 Like

I think British Chinese is way worse. It’s probably the worst adaptation of Chinese I’ve had in another country.

Agree 100 percent. It’s god awful. Amazing curries, even good Vietnamese. But Chinese?—god awful.

I’ve surprisingly had decent Vietnamese in the UK. But the Chinese is just so terrible.

I went to a local village Chinese when I was back and I ordered in Chinese, the guy was kind of surprised. Then I asked what he would recommend and he shifted around, made some faces, and settled on chips as his recommendation. He gave an undisguised impression that he had no idea how anyone could consider eating what they were serving - other than the chips. Not a made up story. On the same trip I had noodles in a new place in Paris right by the place de St Michel and it was bona fida, as good as in China. I heard of other places like that existing too: a new wave of immigrants opening restaurants that are serving actual Chinese food (not deep fat fried mars bars).

The chain ‘Japanese’ restaurants in Paris, like how can they have fifty million restaurants all with the same menu, all serving the same not Japanese crap. Who buys this? But actually - now that I think of it - this is not as bad as the fifty million Chinese places selling, wait for it, wait, ok here it comes: microwaved food. And its not even a secret you can see them openly microwave your dumplings or ‘fried’ rice or whatever refrigerated culinary misfortune you were unwise enough to select.

I think we will try this

58 not going so well as far as taste

in Latvia (riga)

1 Like