What kind of vehicle should I get

Now that Princess Brat is getting older and mobile(I saw her walk for the first time today) and I want to get my business in gear starting in March, I figured it’s time to break down and finally buy a vehicle.

Parameters:
-2 people and baby comfortably
-2 people and 300kg of stuff(Sawdust, chemicals, mushrooms, steel, wood and produce)
-Dependable
-Easy to maintain
-Budget $100,000-$150,000NT to buy
-Budget $30,000-$50,000 to fix up to new

Any thoughts? I will probably use Sulavaca to source me a vehicle as soon as I determine what I want.

Cheers,
Okami

[quote=“Okami”]Now that Princess Brat is getting older and mobile(I saw her walk for the first time today) and I want to get my business in gear starting in March, I figured it’s time to break down and finally buy a vehicle.

Parameters:
-2 people and baby comfortably
-2 people and 300kg of stuff(Sawdust, chemicals, mushrooms, steel, wood and produce)
-Dependable
-Easy to maintain
-Budget $100,000-$150,000NT to buy
-Budget $30,000-$50,000 to fix up to new

Any thoughts? I will probably use Sulavaca to source me a vehicle as soon as I determine what I want.

Cheers,
Okami[/quote]

Kinda depends on what you think “comfortably” means (or, perhaps more importantly, what your SO thinks “comfortably” means), AND the volume/length of that 300kgs.

That in turn will determine whether a commercial vehicle (probably a van rather than a truck) is acceptable/required.

If it is there’s an existing thread on buying a second hand van.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=73776&hilit=second+hand+van

me: VW van fan (and It fits your profile: business/hip
py
/chemicals/mushrooms :smiley: )

I am leaning towards a van, but wanted to see if anybody else had any good ideas that I may not have considered.

[quote]me: VW van fan (and It fits your profile: business/hippy/chemicals/mushrooms :smiley: )[/quote]Quit spamming me PMs asking! I’m not sharing. :raspberry:

:wink:

Porsche 911 and bugger the practicality - a friend of mine has just bought a '98 one and he has a wife and baby - his logic - they don’t go in the car much! Awesome - I am sooo jealous

Go big retro V8. Lots of safety, zero depreciation and people will like you, except Al Gore & David Suzuki. :smiley:

6.6 litre V8 Powa