What level of quality is Daewoo these days?

Just want to buy a portable electric hob, it’s very hard to find real reviews nowadays.

4 posts were split to a new topic: OT from portable electric hob

Back to the topic, is this an induction hub? I think Daewoo is a pretty big Korean Chaebol or something, so their products are going to be something like Samsung or whatever.

Or they’re all made in China to their specification and they slap their name on it.

There’s not a whole lot to go wrong on an induction plate, though I honestly recommend buying a 220v version because the 110 is too anemic to do anything useful with.

I was actually thinking electric element, because I don’t want to buy new cookware. Elements are not long lasting though are they?

Electric elements lasts a long time as long as you don’t overvolt them. Run them at their rated voltage and they can last for decades.

You hear about those centennial bulb but what most don’t know is they’re useless as light bulbs, because it puts out very little light for the wattage they consume. Incandescent lights become very efficient as you run them at a higher temperature, however they will also burn out faster, so there’s a balance. You can make VERY efficient incandescent light bulbs if you run them at extremely high temperature, if you don’t mind the thing burning out in a few hours.

And electric elements are exactly like incandescent light bulbs that are run at very low temperature as you just want the heat, not the light. So they can last decades.

Just don’t plug a 110 element into a 220 circuit and you will be fine.

It’d be great if Tatung made them, I trust their elements.