What movies do you want remade?

Episodes I-III too. The only good SW movie made since the original trilogy is Rogue One imo.

1 Like

https://movieweb.com/highlander-remake-development/

1 Like

Disagree. The prequel movies at least were in line with the rest of the storyline - they’ve held up better than anticipated.

2 Likes

They’re better than the sequels, I’ll give you that. But that’s a low bar. The poor messy CGI that makes everything look like a video game, wooden acting, friggin’ Jar Jar… not a fan. The third one is much better than Ep 1 and 2 though.

To be honest, I think the second half of ‘Return of the Jedi’ sucks too (except for Luke’s confrontation with Palpatine and Vader) so I’m a harsh critic when it comes to these movies.

1 Like

Only bad movies should be remade. To make them better. Good, and definitely great, movies should remain untouched.

How many remakes were better than the original?

1 Like

There’s a few, but hard to recall off the top of my head. ‘The Fly’ comes to mind.

5 Likes

The Fly, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing, Scarface, to name a few.

2 Likes

Ooh. That’s very disingenuous of you!

I’d like to see a remake of Citizen Kane. But let this one make sense, please!

Debatable. Both versions have their merits. Some swear by the 1932 original.

No, really. I’d like to see that. Ghostbusters, on the other hand…

1 Like

No debate…because Al Cappuccino. :sunglasses:

Yes, those remade planets of the apes were absolute shit.

1 Like

Compared to how many remakes that were shit.

Anyway, what we can conclude from this very brief recap of good remakes is there hasn’t been a good remake in over 30 years.

Gone with the wind.

Rather not talk about those. :grimacing:

This can’t be right…but it’ll take a while to think of one. A Star is Born? I never saw the original original, but I can’t stand Barbs, so I liked the most recent version better.

1 Like

It’s about 95% of them, so is probably worthy of discussion in a thread asking for more remakes.

1 Like

Maybe that one, although I personally haven’t seen any versions of it for myself to judge.

The latest version is surprisingly not terrible, even with Gaga. Your enjoyment of the 70s version will probably depend on your tolerance for Streisand.

She’s like an obnoxious, crazy aunt who you think is okay until she posts something stupid on Facebook again. But generally harmless.