What music are you listening to? (music edition)

I’m hoping the new one is like this, and I just haven’t gotten there yet!

Nah… nothing new on the table, nothing fresh, nothing really good IMO.

I’m sorta saving it for hotel stretching, right now I’m listening to Sublime for something a little more fun and a little less shouty

The bass is popping like mad on my Amazon Studio, sounds great.

Romance is alive and well, and dead, in the number 10 song in the USA.

Let a young nigga come play in your throat
Deep stroke your throat 'til I make you choke
Throat babies, I’m tryna give 'em to you
Throat babies, I’m tryna bust all on you

Gives new meaning to the term “tonsil hockey.”

Was listening to Lateralus a bit last night. Tool starts getting good there for me. The new album has some moments. This song brings me back to a certain time always

2 Likes

Sends you there vicariously, as it were. 10000 Days is pretty much pure gold, Wings Part 2 also one of my all-time favourite songs

My first will always be Aenima, I was in high school when it came out and that popped my tool cherry. I’ll give it a listen now and see if there’s anything i’d recommend if you like the later stuff (i never listen to the first two myself)

1 Like

I like Rosetta Stoned a lot too.

Oh I’ve listened to it :slight_smile: I feel like I should like it, if you know what I mean. Doesn’t grab me though.

1 Like

I getcha, but I still listened. I think the first time with this new speaker where I can hear every instrument so clearly; hard to pick a favourite track but this is the one most like the later albums.

Great journey song if you’ve had a few and have 14 minutes (kinda like rosetta stoned that way); but i can understand if it doesn’t grab you (i feel the same about the first two albums)!

Doesn’t take me anywhere :slight_smile: I don’t really like their guitar sound at this stage, I guess I would say. It’s kind of lost somewhere between industrial and grunge. Or Keenan’s singing either, which I do like later. I don’t know

1 Like

no accounting for taste, but we get pretty close sometimes!

1 Like

Like very much. Nice find

She’s good in this one too.

1 Like

Gone off Sleaford mods I find his voice monotonous, depressing with a Leicestershire accent.

That’s part of the charm. :grin:

30th anniversary of his death.

Considering the Cuomo thread, I thought I would share this lovely song (big on the double entendres) .
(532) France Gall and Serge Gainsbourg - Les Sucettes - YouTube

Released 48 years ago 1 Mar 2021.

1 Like

My sister wanted something nostalgic and upbeat, and I knew this was one we could both jam to. If you like Sublime, you probably like No Doubt as well… Half of the songs on this album were singles!

That break between tracks 1 and 2 almost caused me an epileptic fit I think.

1 Like