What music are you listening to? (music edition)

Schmoove…

2 Likes

I thought it was a little jazzy/rubato in that sense, but maybe he was just showing off to get more money?

the drums, i love the drums in that song and his drum machine didn’t cut it. i too will stick to the original, no accounting for taste

a little hard to tell it isn’t one of those SNL songs, but i like it

Inspired by another thread, never noticed the bass really grooves on this one

Such a great album, the link should be the whole thing but Vevo has the official videos so…

1 Like

I’ve been listening to a lot of classical so as not to disturb my hotel neighbours in the mornings. Amazon Music and Echo Studio was a good investment before quarantine.

This morning is Chopin and although this one sounds familiar from movies I never associated Chopin with violin. Very beautiful song.

Am I the only one listening to music? This one takes me back to high school, just before I jumped into skate punk and heavy metal. Billy Corgan’s voice is an acquired taste, and I don’t like all of this double album, but again it is so fun to listen to old music on my new speaker

Despite all my rage, I’m still just a quarantiner in a cage.

1 Like

knock out a tune

Bach is so metal, I can picture Yo Yo Ma head banging through this one

1 Like
1 Like

I like

“a small waist, pretty face with a big bank”

https://youtu.be/c-Z4me0FIVwemphasized text

and now for some obscure whack sh*t

1 Like

This one also seems almost a parody: Who plays drums in a leather jacket? Look at all that hair! Turn it up to 11! The camera work makes me a little dizzy, though…

Nice breakdown at 2:26.

Between the music style and the headbanging techniques they are clearly fans of genre superstars Cannibal Corpse (as am I). Since the one time I posted a CC video on Forumosa it was quickly deleted, here is a song from the grooviest album by the Swedish death metal band the bass player is representing (their lead singer sadly just died):

Day 8, breakfast: Tuna sandwich even though I said no fish. Time for some Cannibal Corpse after all, starting with Butchered at Birth (no thumbnail because their cover art is pretty gruesome). I’m not familiar with their last 8 albums, so will have to have a listen to those today as well. I’m so bored in here.

The second one I’ve put on is so vile I’m not even going to link to it. It isn’t their album Vile, BTW.

1 Like

That’s what’s fun about genre metal though, isn’t it? Each branch seems to develop to the point of parody…not that that’s necessarily a bad thing.

1 Like

Apparently Billy Pumpkin and crew are in the studio recording what’s supposed to be a sequel to this album. I don’t think they’ll ever get anywhere close to its greatness, but I’d love to be proven wrong!

1 Like