What nationality?

In my previous life I had a lot of STAFF based out of Bangalore, and worked with a lot locally as well.

I see. Did they “revert” to you very often? :laughing:

Used to work in Mumbai and interviewed a lot of people for work (software dev).

They will revert back to you with the same (head shake) :wink:

Heh headshake still gets me even now…

giphy

1 Like

I picked french because I thought it may be someone coming from a country which has a language closer to latin and has issues with countable/uncountable names.
My first three picks were Spanish, Italian and french, picked french because I miss their cheesy onion soup.

Also: why does autocorrect doesn’t use capital letter for french but it does for other countries? Is France a fake country? #exposed ?

Are you sure you are not hungry?

I have this “beef” noodles soup, with a lot of “beef” dices…

Actually I have fun… or should I say a hard time, with all the “different Englishes” that there are out there. Pronunciation, accents, expressions… sometimes it differs too much from one to another speaker, and it takes me a while to adapt my ears. Compare the accents you find in UK (which are various and some of them as fucked up as the Australians or even Kiwi’s), with dunno, Southern USA accents. And then you have people from other countries like India or Philippines where English is still an official language but it has some really local localisms.

Sometimes it’s easier to understand standard “European English” than all that rubbish you guys teach at the buxiban.

1 Like

NOW I’m a bit hungry, haven’t had lunch yet, I was too busy 8(

In the English language, “french” is more commonly used as the first word of freedom fries than as the language/nationality.