What needs to be declared in EZ Way?

So I’ve heard you need to “declare” incoming packages through this EZ Way app…thing. And someone told me you don’t need to declare stuff if it’s “just mail”? What’s the difference between “just mail” and “packages”?

Apparently you need to declare stuff even if it’s from friends and family abroad? I am so confused.

I have a birthday coming up and I’m expecting to get cards and mail and possibly bulky packages, but I don’t know when some of them are coming and who will send them and how on earth do I declare them all?

Welcome to Taiwan and the marvelous world of EZWay!

Once you register on EZWay, packages that require action typically just show up in the app. Make sure that the sender includes your ARC number and in the best case writes your name as on your ARC.

1 Like

But how does EZ Way know which packages are mine? Is it tied to my address?

It’s tied to your ID number.

Care packages don’t need to be declared. EZWay is for items of commercial value. Just don’t have anyone send you a new watch.

Anything coming in through private carriers will go through EZ Way, it’s supposed to be tied to your phone number/ID number.

Post office stuff don’t go through the system.

Oh! That’s good to know. I was wondering who was working at customs typing up the info for each and every package coming in to Taiwan :sweat_smile: