What’s the deal on returning faulty electronics?

I bought a Chimei blender from TK3C just over a month ago, used it only a few times. Today I try to turn it on and no reaction, it’s broke. I still have the receipt and the guarantee certificate (which has no details written on it?) but I no longer have the box. I’m guessing they’ll offer to send it for repair, which I don’t want cos I need it now. Can I request a refund on the spot or at least an instant replacement? Is the law on my side? I’ll head down there at 11 to argue.

1 Like

I believe you’re supposed to brinng the card and receipt back to the store after the “cooling off period” (which could be 0 days depending on store) and have them complete it. Most stores will tell you to contact the manufacturer yourself or best case will help you make the call. You might get lucky and/or TK3C might be a better than average Taiwan retailer however I’d keep expectations low…

1 Like

1 Like

The other option you have is to buy another one and then return the broken one as the other one within the other one’s “cooling off period”! Slightly risky and I suggest going to a different TK3C store and fully understanding their returns policy before attempting. The other other option would be to buy online from somewhere like PCHome with a 7 days return policy and then return the broken one, depends on your conscience…You may end up even more pi$$ed off and with 2 blenders using these options!

2 Likes

My wife was interested in buying a fridge from TK3C just yesterday. I then told her of my experience buying an entertainment system from them 20 years ago. She agrees, we will go elsewhere.

It was a nightmare I dealt with for over two years and I never received a working entertainment system. I still have two of the speakers hooked up to another system so it wasn’t a total loss. I eventually just gave up and cut my losses.

2 Likes

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly.

I once blew the motor of my stick blender by stupidly sticking it in an extension cord which happened to be plugged into the red plug for big appliances, and instead of buying everything again, contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a new one and I only had to pay for that part instead of having to buy a whole new blender and have double of all the attachments. The replacement was very cheap and I didn’t have to wait for more than a few days.

2 Likes

Taiwan’s consumer protections are piss-poor. You’re really up to the store’s discretion or the manufacturer’s guarantee.

2 Likes

Took it to TK3C, they tested it, and… it started working -_-

8 Likes

Yes. It’s the technician’s magic touch. Very few possess the powers because they’re so powerful.

4 Likes

:smiley: It just like how you feel better the moment you make the decision to go see a doc, or your car stops squeaking as soon as you get to the repair shop! Return it quick before it stops working again!

2 Likes

‘We need to get your stomach pumped.’

‘Oh I think I feel better already!’

1 Like