What the Duck?

[quote] Keelung Municipal Government estimates today will attract tens of thousands of crowds, it is recommended that residents can take the train and the highest level of road passenger transport to Keelung, avoid traffic jams and find a parking space to stop.

Hoffman said in the letter, has recently been under his authorization, his big yellow duck works of art many things happened, so he was ‘very unhappy’, he needs time to ascertain the real situation such as: public claims by Huo Hoffman Memorial genuine licensed merchandise, it is not a genuine product.

Hoffman privately lamented, big yellow duck walk around, ‘never seen’ so exaggerated way, he did not expect, Keelung in the field could even completely informed of the artist, the runoff line to produce a pile of goods, dare openly declared official authorization, no respect for the artist’s copyright. [/quote]
Less than a month dealing with a KMT-run government, the artist behind Yellow Duck discovered the ugly side of a KMT-run government. (Keelung Municipal Government, a KMT-run government, not surprising.) KMT has had more than sixty years of lying and stealing in Taiwan. Hoffman said “he needs time to ascertain the real situation”. Would ten years be enough? Where would he like to start?

[quote=“printlessfoot”][quote] Keelung (Jilong) Municipal Government estimates today will attract tens of thousands of crowds, it is recommended that residents can take the train and the highest level of road passenger transport to Keelung (Jilong), avoid traffic jams and find a parking space to stop.

Hoffman said in the letter, has recently been under his authorization, his big yellow duck works of art many things happened, so he was ‘very unhappy’, he needs time to ascertain the real situation such as: public claims by Huo Hoffman Memorial genuine licensed merchandise, it is not a genuine product.

Hoffman privately lamented, big yellow duck walk around, ‘never seen’ so exaggerated way, he did not expect, Keelung (Jilong) in the field could even completely informed of the artist, the runoff line to produce a pile of goods, dare openly declared official authorization, no respect for the artist’s copyright. [/quote]
Less than a month dealing with a KMT-run government, the artist behind Yellow Duck discovered the ugly side of a KMT-run government. (Keelung (Jilong) Municipal Government, a KMT-run government, not surprising.) KMT has had more than sixty years of lying and stealing in Taiwan. Hoffman said “he needs time to ascertain the real situation”. Would ten years be enough? Where would he like to start?[/quote]

You’re unnecessarily politicizing things. Keelung’s failure with the Rubber Duck

[]Doesn’t matter. It’s an inflatable yellow duck. Who cares?
[
]Has nothing to do with the KMT. It has to do with the idiots in charge. Keelung is an awful place, and the KMT may have a hand in that, but I’d really put the blame first on 張通榮 as a failure to be a decent human being, not for his affiliation.
Does not reflect Taoyuan, which put on a fairly successful, if kind of pointless, rubber duck show and got the artist’s approval despite killing a duck in the process.

This has nothing to do with the KMT and is totally unrelated to this thread.

I’d add that while I think Chen Chu is a pretty good mayor, it’s very naive to say she’s good at her job because she’s from the DPP, and it downplays her achievements.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“printlessfoot”][quote] Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) Municipal Government estimates today will attract tens of thousands of crowds, it is recommended that residents can take the train and the highest level of road passenger transport to Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong), avoid traffic jams and find a parking space to stop.

Hoffman privately lamented, big yellow duck walk around, ‘never seen’ so exaggerated way, he did not expect, Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) in the field could even completely informed of the artist, the runoff line to produce a pile of goods, dare openly declared official authorization, no respect for the artist’s copyright. [/quote]
Less than a month dealing with a KMT-run government, the artist behind Yellow Duck discovered the ugly side of a KMT-run government. (Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) Municipal Government, a KMT-run government, not surprising.) KMT has had more than sixty years of lying and stealing in Taiwan. Hoffman said “he needs time to ascertain the real situation”. Would ten years be enough? Where would he like to start?[/quote]

You’re unnecessarily politicizing things. Keelung (Jilong)'s failure with the Rubber Duck

[]Doesn’t matter. It’s an inflatable yellow duck. Who cares?
[
]Has nothing to do with the KMT. It has to do with the idiots in charge. Keelung (Jilong) is an awful place, and the KMT may have a hand in that, but I’d really put the blame first on 張通榮 as a failure to be a decent human being, not for his affiliation.
Does not reflect Taoyuan, which put on a fairly successful, if kind of pointless, rubber duck show and got the artist’s approval despite killing a duck in the process.

This has nothing to do with the KMT and is totally unrelated to this thread.

I’d add that while I think Chen Chu is a pretty good mayor, it’s very naive to say she’s good at her job because she’s from the DPP, and it downplays her achievements.[/quote]
Thanks for your rebuttal, which has made the good point that I politicizing things overly so I am blind to some thing.
Having said that, I like to defend my case a little - with a new piece of fact.

Fan Ke-chin (范可欽), as the former art director of the duck exhibition in Keelung, should be responsible for various duck commodities that bleach the contract with Hoffman. He was also the art director for Dao-Bian (倒扁)demonstration. My point? mm… Blue-loons couldn’t either do the right thing or do the thing right.

As for Chen Chu and Taoyuan, voters and you view them more well-balanced than I did.

How does that duck thing manage to get in the realm of politricks?

Wherever you step on a dung, you see a KMT ass.

Are we talking about the oversized rubber duck? so… why is it so important suddenly? why the “creator” claims anything about “official” merchandise? who cares about this? It’s a piece of rubber with no interest at all.

The duck itself is totally irrelevant, but the way Taiwan portrays itself as a place for the arts has implications.

The Taipei Film Commission worked hard to get Luc Besson to shoot a film here. He ended up enraged and threatened to pull out of shooting early.

Keelung campaigned to get the duck (based on this gem of an argument: “We are the saddest city in Taiwan.”) and then left the creator enraged with how they used his work.

Taiwan is rapidly building up a reputation as a country hostile to big international art projects. This goes back to what I wrote in another thread: lack of vision. Headhoncho put it well – a bunch of sidewalk pieces that don’t connect into a functional hole.

Well, the Luc Besson story was funny indeed. He was so annoyed by the “journalists”, who were spoiling his footage, and he gave up the film here. I guess that’s an interesting story that depics how media is here.

Now, the rubber duck… who cares. It’s something idiotic. The product, the fans, and most likely the artist’s claims (I don’t even know what he’s complaining about).

I don’t really know why some people see Taiwan as an “art hub”. May be I’m missing something, or a lot of things perhaps…

I’m not sure if the spelling error is intentional or not, but either way, I like it.

Unintentional. And I’m an editor for crying out loud. :blush:

Just to make sure I get it… you guys meant all these stuff as a whole, and not something that fits or not a butt. Right?

Which reminds me of this… :smiley: