What the hell is going on in South Africa?

Chile, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Mauritius etc. aren’t developed countries but are stable democracies.

Actually no. Being friendly with the US makes a country rich. It just happens so that most US allies are successful democracies, but there are many exceptions (Gulf states, Singapore). All poor countries have one thing in common, which is they are all anti-US.

If you stay friendly with the US, the US helps you get rich. Occasional disagreement is fine, as long as you don’t go overboard, the US would do what it can to help you.

But if you view the US as an enemy you stay/get fucked. That has been the case since WWII and there has been no exception.

When was the last time South Africa was in war?

Chile, Uruguay etc. aren’t single ethnic states, but they are stable democraceis.

India isn’t a single ethnic state either but it’s a functioning democracy with a growing economy.

2 Likes

Not officially of course.
But people like Malema still thinks that every non-blacks must die for their (parents) role/sins during Apartheid.
And somehow they are significant in numbers.

I think they are single ethnic states. Only maybe Bolivia, Venezuela, Brazil that are multi ethnic states in South America.

With a strong tendency of ethnic violence. Just need something trivial to trigger.

This, unfortunately true. Saudi Arabia is a really easy example. And other end will be Saddam’s Iraq and Qaddafi’s Libya.

About Singapore, there are people that considers Singapore were not true democracy, more like Chiang’s ROC, New Order Indonesia or Syngmann Rhee’s South Korea in nature. They do vote regularly though.

1 Like

…and then you told him you got Taiwan citizenship, you suck cos you are a ‘foreigner’ and some story about koalas giving up eucalyptus trees in Australia…

Am I rite?

2 Likes

I would say that Uruguay is more homogeneous than Taiwan

Another classic Flob thread gone down the toilet.

Also who is Hiltre?

1 Like

Hillary and Hitler’s bastard child.

5 Likes

Afold Hiltre was an Austrian corporal that manage to become Chancellor of Germany through a democratic election back in 1933.

2 Likes

Somehow, democracy and majority poor uneducated population with some sort of hatred never goes hand-in-hand.
Either:
A. The small (elite? Powerful And educated) group will drain the country to toilet democratically.
B. Goes right, killing minorities and drain the country to toilet.
C. Goes left, killing minorities and drain the country to toilet.

Afold Hiltre, the Dyslexic Dictator… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I always wondered how Elon Musk became so wealthy

Not yours truly. I’d rather suck Dinosaur Farts in a funnel cup than move back to Woke Canada. And I’m from the propertied class! :clown_face:

4 Likes

Sounds just like Americans who hire illegal immigrants so they can pay lower wages

3 Likes

I guess the Philippines being a staunch ally of the U.S. must’ve gone overboard. Especially with its good treatment of U.S. vets who go there to retire?

2 Likes

Thanks, Ronald Reagan (in Taiwan’s instance).

He comes from a wealthy family and he made his money in the United States.

3 Likes

Naw, they chose to come to the states because I pay them more than they earned back home. And I treat them like equals.

1 Like

Actually, I’m sure south Africa is a us Ally too. Plenty of countries out there are impoverished as hell and are staunch us ally. So I don’t think relationship with the us makes countries rich.

Actually china isn’t doing too bad for being unfriendly to the us.

I think institution makes a country rich. You’ll notice poor countries often have problems with their institution, or don’t have any.

2 Likes

Uruguay is quite white but it’s not as homogeneous as Taiwan. And the point is it’s still a developing country and a stable democracy.

Uruguay is quite white, but Chile isn’t. And I would say Brazil is a stable democracy … for the most part. Certainly much less fucked than South Africa.

Not really.

Idk what’s the issue with the Philippines either.

Really? Always thought Uruguay and Chile are seen as developed.
Developed Countries 2024 (worldpopulationreview.com)
Preussens Gloria - Ejercito de Chile (youtube.com)

How is Namibia doing?

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Namibia&country2=South+Africa