What to do about that ONE rude building security guard

My couches are pretty nasty. Only my dogs sit on them.

Glad to see that Johor is working out for Andrew. Man the security guard situation out there seems quite different to how it works in Taipei.

Not in Johor yet. I have no idea what Johors is like. Kinda crazy moving to a place I’ve never been to.

Ah well, Taiwan will - probably - be still here for you to come back to. Check your sarcasm antenna before you go though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN90RWb9f9M

Why would you need a $5K key, and if you really do, why would you advertise it on a public forum? Reminds me of this paranoid tenant I interviewed before telling me all about measuring the curtains to see if they have been moved and changing the locks on every door in the apartment. Living under that much paranoia must be hell.

Apparently it can withstand explosive blasts. The rest of my house won’t, but I guess my door will still be there.

As long as it doesn’t lock by itself when the door closes it might be worth it. I hate that nonsense here. Did you really mean NT$5,000? That I could understand. US$5000? That’s crazy. We had safes built into houses for guns and valuables that couldn’t be removed without destroying the house and using heavy machinery. They didn’t cost US$5000 if you did the finishing work yourself.

I think it’s actually euros lol.

That’s worse, lol.

Okay I read enough now I don’t think the security guard is your problem I think your self-entitled ass is the problem and out of all the security guards he’s the one that just decided he didn’t want to put up with your shit

1 Like

What looks like nonsense to you could in fact be very effective to prevent unwanted situations.