What to do after Pimsleur 3?

I was confused about what to do after Pimsleur 3. I searched every where for a 4th level but couldn’t find it anywhere! I just answered this very same question on another forum and thought it was defiantly worth mentioning on my blog.

[color=#008040]Blog spam link removed by moderator. Discussions ON Forumosa are welcome. Persistently (defiantly, even!) posting without adding meaningful content, with the obvious intent of dropping links to one’s blog, is called blog spam and is not welcome. --DB, Moderator[/color]

Did anyone else have a similar experience?

yeah I had a similar problem, so I decided to be a goth kid, but then I couldn’t hack it so I went vamp (figured it was cooler than emo) and luckily for me the vampire shit was blowing up so now I am the coolest guy I know.

forreal doe.

Pimsleur Comprehensive Mandarin has only 3 volumes, 30 lessons each. When you finish lesson “90”, do the whole series again. When you finish the whole series again, study written and periodically review Mandarin III, or move to a Mandarin speaking country and stop speaking English.

I used all 3 Pimsleurs myself.

After Pimsleur you have to go speak the language.

No more studying.

[quote=“KaiXi333”]I used all 3 Pimsleurs myself.

No more studying.[/quote]

Yes, but Pimsleur language runs out after five minutes. And then you can start again. I’m American. Are you American? Oh yes, you’re not American. What about going to eat something at seven o’clock? :slight_smile: :loco:

To explain, I’ve went through Pimsleurs as well, but as much as I felt good being able to learn to speak with the taped speakers, I found the material too limited to sustain more than two or three sentences of communication (guess what, those nasty natives decided to use different vocabulary or grammar or – imagine that – topic than the nice people on the tapes!).

Pimsleur rocks - but I assume that by the time you get to level 3, you will want to be in the country you were preparing for and be practising there anyway.

[quote=“yankyo”][quote=“KaiXi333”]I used all 3 Pimsleurs myself.

No more studying.[/quote]

Yes, but Pimsleur language runs out after five minutes. And then you can start again. I’m American. Are you American? Oh yes, you’re not American. What about going to eat something at seven o’clock? :slight_smile: :loco:

To explain, I’ve went through Pimsleurs as well, but as much as I felt good being able to learn to speak with the taped speakers, I found the material too limited to sustain more than two or three sentences of communication (guess what, those nasty natives decided to use different vocabulary or grammar or – imagine that – topic than the nice people on the tapes!).[/quote]

Right… and to learn all of those minutae in a classroom will be cumbersome. That’s why Pimsleur doesn’t cover it. It’s really best to learn that stuff by ear and work from there.