What to do/see in Yilan and TaiTung

My girlfriend tells me that we’re going to Yilan and TaiTung during the break for the New Year. I just figured I’d look for some suggestions as to what we shouldn’t miss. Anything (places to eat, museums, festivals, places to stay, etc.) would be helpful. Thanks a million.

I guess for Taidong you’d better make your hotel bookings now as for CNY they might be booked full …

Taidong has the Jhihben hotsprings nearby, milk farms, ostrich farm … green island, beaches (Seaside park), hikes in the mountains … Jhihben forest park. You could rent a bicycle and explore Taidong and surroundings.

I just returned on Tuesday from a 5 day trip down east … weather is a lot warmer than up North, more sun too.

Well, Taroko Gorge is between Yilan and Taidong, so you really shouldn’t miss that.

[quote=“belgian pie”]I guess for Taidong you’d better make your hotel bookings now as for CNY they might be booked full …[/quote]I second that. Right now. Though you might want to look for a homestay-type place, maybe a little way out of Taidong.

The recommendation for Zhiben forest park is a good one, too. I saw quite a few monkeys there as well as other interesting wildlife.

I went to Taroko Gorge a couple of weeks ago and it was splendid! I loved it.

It depends on how you travel … by car you can stop anytime anjoying the views as shown in the daily photos thread

I put lot’s of pics there starting from the linked page … more images to come in the next day or so …