What to do with Coins? Deposit?

Roughly 64. But it’s a bit unpleasant.

some banks such as Standard Chartered have these machines where you can deposit the coins directly into your account.

2 Likes

That’s what I do. It’s limited to 20 coins, but you can do it a few times if no one is in line behind you.

The bank.

Though its more fun to take them to ____ government agency when they red tape you in fees or fines. Unknown late parking fees at gov office are a particularly useful depository.

2 Likes

I got them to take a handful of 50s once, but it took a lot of smiles and politeness and they told me they aren’t supposed to accept very much without them being rolled.

What bank?! I brought a couple of sacks full of mixed coins to MEGA bank last month and they were more than happy to dump them into their machine, 42,367 NT worth.

I empty out my billfold of 1nt coins at drink machines especially at the airport before a flight.

1 Like

Ummm…that is their job…if they give you shit, this is one of the few times in the world where all the races, genders and religions agree that you are allowed to be a total dick if they give you attitude. Banks are one of the few institutions left that are large enough to control the planet and small enpugh to have to put up with homeless people inside and crazy people yelling at them. Take full advantage of this before digital courency enslaves us all.

If you ask to exchange money, turn in dmagaed bills or just deposit coins at say a 711, tax office, or the post office they may all justifiably turn you away (although even they may help you). But banks can go f themselves and the horse they rode in on and we have no reason to take their shit. Many times when they take my dirty factory floo change filled with sawdust, spil some plant debris and maybe the odd metal filings they still run it through their mahines. And i use bank of taiwan, perhaps one of the more entitled horminal old person bank here. They even give back the fake coins now when they fail the sifter scan. Not sure to take that as a compliment they respect me or tonself reflect maybe i was really an asshole before (likely this one). But at least dont need to listen to their lip anymore.

So if you get that again. Just stand emotionless, arms crossed looking into their eyes. They arent trained tonlast more than 15 seconds. Count it out. In silence. Service just happens after that :slight_smile:

That’s some serious negativity for handling change. I get your point, but I’m not going to flip about a few hundred in coins. Add it to your easy card, buy beer at 7-11, job done.

Ya fot sure. But above example isnt about coins so much as attitude given to customers. Its good to educate people where they clearly havent been before :slight_smile: not by flipping out but by giving them grief, often in the form of critical thinking challenges haha.

If you sort the coins you can take them to a bank of taiwan and they will change them into billz.

Don’t even have to sort them

Exactly. It’s never wrong to donate a bit to charity.

Procreate, leave them on a table and watch them disappear. :grinning:

2 Likes

Ended up hauling half of the coins to MRT spent an hour adding change to my Yoyo card.

What’s your new balance?

around 3k

Wow, you must have a really sore wrist. :sunglasses:

1 Like

incredible