What to use against Mosquitos?

We’re plagued by Mosquitos in our bedroom like we refused to let Moses and his people go out of Egypt. Mostly due to agriculture around our home.
We’re searching for something that:
a) Is not working with poison, since our kid is sleeping in our bedroom
b) Is quite silent
c) Is reliable

I thought, before I bother the US Navy for one of their Phalanx CWIS, I’d ask here for suggestions.

I’m tempted to buy this mosquito trap, any experiences with that kind?

1 Like

I’ve never found any of those machines to work very well. I’d go with the tried and true.

2 Likes

Spiders and geckos

4 Likes

Some of the latter aren’t so silent.

2 Likes

Only screen works. I dont like the be tents as they are super hot and poor air flow, plus logistical issues…depends on your house, but a good strong screen sealing all your windows, filling cracks and putting in weather sealing with a rubber floor tingy on it will prevent all mosquitoes from entering. Then its just about when.you open the door. The only other option is chemical based, which i agree is absolutely not acceptable.

1 Like

I tried that but geckos are better mosquito traps than cats. Also what is that white box for?

3 Likes

That indoor plug in thing works indoors. But the chemical bottle runs out a LOT faster than it says on the box. It says good for 45 days but it really runs out in 2 weeks or less.

Outdoor mosquito coils work wonderfully, but only while it burns.

That light thing don’t work at all. It only gets dusty and catches some mosquitoes (mostly because they happen to get sucked in, not because they were actually attracted to the light).

2 Likes

Put a bunch of strong fans in the room.

1 Like