What TV are you watching (2020)?

Huh, I thought all these 2020 threads had already been created, but I guess not yet.

The new season of Doctor Who just began. I liked the first episode a lot - perhaps more than I liked any of the regular episodes from Chibnall’s and Whittaker’s first season; probably about equal to the Dalek episode “Resolution” from New Year’s 2019.

Mind you, today’s episode is part one of a two-parter, and this is a show that isn’t all that good at sticking the landing.

1 Like

I just finished Cobra Kai season 2, and now I’m watching ‘Don’t F*** with Cats’, the mini-documentary series on Netflix about an online killer. Both are decent.

1 Like

Those last three words were so not where I was hoping that sentence would go: I was really anticipating “A documentary about the making of Cats?! Already?!” I’d love to see that: from what I’ve read, that film may become one of moviedom’s most storied disasters. (Woo hoo, Post #3 of my own thread and I’m already taking it off-topic!)

“Moviedom” is actually a word that spell-check recognizes?!

What TV are you watching (2020)?

Mine is an LG 55", about over 5 years old.
Still runs like it’s new.
And yours?

BENQ TV but we are not using it more often unless if my niece was around we connect it to YouTube and watch Dave and AVa :woman_technologist:

You guys have to watch the Witcher.

The Expanse Season 4. Just finished and it was awesome. Science fiction grounded in reality. I love the world building. It just gains more and more depth with each season. The Belters have one of the most amazingly detailed cultures I have ever seen or read. The show takes some different steps than the books do, but it has to so that it’s not totally predictable for those who’ve read the books. Bobbie Draper, Amos Burton and Chrisjen Avasarala are just badasses.

1 Like

Utter rubbish. Dreadful acting and a banal story-line. Are you being serious?

I really liked “Don’t F*** with Cats”, but after thinking about it, what did the web warriors actually accomplish? They completely failed. A documentary about the killer would have been much better. Especially the mother. What was up with her? And notice how there was no mention of the father? Like, at all?

And what about the third hand in one of the videos? No one ever had any answers for that.

That’s why there has been 7 books and 3 major games that are considered the best story wise made from the banal story line. :roll_eyes:

The Witcher world is one of the most beloved stories in the sci-fi world.

I wanted to like the Witcher, I really did. But Yennifer sucked. And jimi’s right, the story lines were disappointing, to say the least.

I’m hoping the second season will be better.

The only issue is the timeline. It’s not a easy world to introduce in 8 episodes. I would have preferred they started just with Geralt and was told from his eyes like the book. It was also strange they changed the appearances so much for long time established characters. Took some getting used to.

I’ve been rationing it out, since I enjoy watching shows so much more if I don’t just binge them all in one day - I think I’m at episode 6 now. And yup, it’s good.

Now that my semester’s pretty much done, maybe I can finally get around to reading the books again - I finished Nemesis Games a few months ago, and haven’t yet started Babylon’s Ashes. Mild spoiler for the TV show, with I suppose hints of massive spoilers for what’s presumably to come in book and show:

I’m happy with how much they’ve already brought Marco into the TV show at this stage - I somewhat disliked how such a massive force seemed to come out of nowhere in Nemesis Games. And of course I’m curious just how much of that novel is going to show up in the season I’m currently midway through.

Huh. Don’t know if it’s generational or what, but I’m pretty deep into different geek culture podcasts and reviews, and I don’t think I’d even heard of the Witcher until this TV show.

How do you miss the Game of the year in 2015 for the Witcher 3? They have entire festivals dedicated to the Witcher. The series had a lot to live up to.

Messiah has been pretty good so far. Like a cross between Homeland and the second coming.

Lost in Space (Netflix). I’m currently 3 episodes into season 2 and I’m hooked again. Damn good show. Glad it’s back.

1 Like

I was thinking about giving that show a chance.

CAT TV ON AMAZON PRIME

Succession season 2 is a masterpiece. The Sopranos, The wire kind of good.

1 Like

Giri/Haji on Netflix is effin amazing. A yakuza thriller set in London. One of the best things I’ve seen in a long time.

2 Likes