What TV shows are you watching? (2023)

I never understood that quote. Did John Wayne ever say that?

Who’s a real tough guy, or just acting like one?

The Patients of Dr. Garcia—good series on Franco era Spain.

1 Like

Finally bit the bullet and got HBO. So far haven’t found a series/season I love

Caught up on 2 seasons of Rick and Morty. Meh, missing the magic of the early seasons

The Last of Us. I think it was a bit overrated. Not bad, but not all that different from Walking Dead

Started House of the Dragon, also meh maybe it’ll get better

Rewatching the Sopranos because I remember liking it, and still have lots I’ve never seen like The Wire

3 Likes

Anyone else watching the final episodes of Manifest? I hope it gets a reasonable ending, but in any case, I am extending the view, not binging, to make it last like a good piece of candy.

Silo. Based on the books by hugh howley (wool). Amazing books however the tv series is so so for me, although ep 5 or 6 it starts to improve. The series is very highly rated though.

1 Like

I read the book once some years before the pandemic. I remember not being impressed despite all the accolades, it wasn’t good enough to keep for a second reading.

Can’t remember enough to say if this is an accurate adaptation, but probably not because I’m quite enjoying it. About halfway through

I think it is better than The Last of Us, a lot of similarities and seems they were developed about the same time

1 Like

Station 11

So more of the last losers on earth plot. Yawn :yawning_face:

Like Andor was another space cowboy opera, sure. If that’s your thing, I think it’s worth a watch

Started the Wire. Seemed like McNulty was the main character in the first season, but once viewers realized he was just an asshole not as smart as he thought he was, seems to have been transferred to irrelevance. I’ll probably finish it, lots of familiar faces in this!

Thinking of binge watching the Simpsons before my Disney subscription dies, see what Homer has been up to. Can’t remember what season I watched last, anyone remember if any of the recent seasons are worth the effort, or should I just ignore it?

1 Like

Freud

Each season has a part of the city society as its main character, love the whole series!

2 Likes

Black Mirror
Season 6, Episode 1, Salma Hayak
Edit: 5/10

Excellent episode. (Black Mirror, S6/E1)

That’s funny in so many ways.

Black Mirror s06e02

Dull who-done-it mystery.

The Idol, S01E01

Lily-Rose Depp and The Weeknd

4/10

Dull, then hits bottom dull when Weeknd show up.

The Idol (TV Series 2023) - IMDb

What about 3 I thought EP 1 was ok good but not great had both weaknesses and strengths

Midnight Diner is a rare gem. Now onto 2nd season. Interesting “fiction” stories, lol.

True Detective

Season 1

Season 1 is fantastic but after that not so great. I don’t know what the hell this (director?) guy is talking about just listen to the first 60 seconds to tell me if you know

IMDb: : True Detective
True Detective (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb