What will you do and eat for Lunisolar New Year? Hot Pot, Beach or Sing?

Day one of holidays: I have eaten my New Year’s meal and ran out of ketchup.

3 Likes

CNY is the worst, all closed.

Not much more to do than have the females make dinner and serve you.

There is an old thread somewhere that someone started that sets out their CNY experiences, added to by another that updated things rather jokingly. It used to get resurrected about this time each year and I have been searching for it but no luck so far…

2 Likes

Its one of those times where the busiest hubs like taipei drain and the most remote areas balloon. Fun in the country side if dont have to work! I imagine lots of bored foreigners up north though.

I dunno … I’ve heard that used to be the case, but I certainly don’t feel much of that in Taipei these days.

Here ya go, from @Duke in 2010, over here:

9 Likes

It’s pretty cool to feel the city winding down. Very relaxing now with the rain.

3 Likes

Thanks, yes, that was the one.

2 Likes

I love rereading this classic every year!

Myself for CNY? I’m still on my huandao so tonight it’ll probably be 7-11 in Nan’ao (assuming no food places will be open)

2 Likes

食飯!

6 Likes

Love the tablecloth.

3 Likes

Nice photo ! very local, will take a photo of mine (dinner in a few hours)
Today went to the temple. Weather was great, sunny and warm.

4 Likes

That its not Kaohsiung there need be always foggyB-) a

5 Likes

The party doesn’t start until these come out

1 Like

Too classy.

How awesome has the pollution levels been in pingdong/kaohsiung lately? Still bad but as per normal, holy blue sky and visible central mountains batman!

Granted it was rain, today it got shitty again, but what a nice start to new years celebrations!

Did you like that?

I could eat the whole bag of those.

1 Like

While there is luck involved in any form of gambling, there is some skilled involved just like poker. Advance players just seem to know when to give up their hand instead of just going for the win all the time to minimize their chances of losing.

Especially the newspaper.

1 Like