What would be considered a good salary in Taiwan?

I second that. After doing it for my first six months on Taiwan, I viwed to never set foot in a kindy classroom again unless I was desperate and on the bread line. Never. Again.

I heard minimum wage is $19k month… with most people still living at home with their parents… even getting married… and STILL living in a bedroom under one their parent’s roof.

My goal is to eventually be making 100k a month during the semester and 80k for the 2 months I am off. I have been teaching for 10 years here though.

[quote=“jesus80”]Three months of paid vacations? 80,000 NT? It´s not bad at all. I make 60k, plus a bit more of one month of bonus, and I´ve got only 7 days of vacations.

May I ask what´s your job?[/quote]

What kind of companies can provide you such a awesome benefit offer? :noway:

China Post on 17 Jun reported that “The Ministry of Labor (MOL) recently decided to raise the salaries of foreign in-home caregivers from NT$15,480 to NT$19,273, in line with the nation’s newly adjusted minimum wage” reflecting the current minimum wage of $19,273. I think this works out to about US$4.00 per hour.

Average salary for a college graduate (that can find a job) is around $25K. I think this works out to about US$5.20 per hour.

[quote=“jesus80”]Three months of paid vacations? 80,000 NT? It´s not bad at all. I make 60k, plus a bit more of one month of bonus, and I´ve got only 7 days of vacations.

May I ask what´s your job?[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply. Job is an ESL teacher at a private school.

I’d say that’s pretty decent. I’ve seen private school jobs advertised for 10K less. Sometimes they toss in housing, which could sweeten the deal nicely.