What would the KKK think about a white man and Asian woman couple?

Says the person who claims to see right wingers everywhere he looks and immediately pigeon holes anyone who pushes back on any aspect of progressive doctrine as belonging to the right.

Practice what you preach @Malasang88 and I will give you much kudos.

4 Likes

Well that is a gross mis-characterization of my views. I don’t see them everywhere, but they are more prevalent on the IP forums. Push back is fine, but using terms like “all lefties” or attributing arguments to people that they didn’t make is counterproductive.

Focus on the people in front of you and the argument they are making, and try not to project your bias (which we all have) onto them.

I doubt that. Your mind seems to be made up and it is not my prerogative to change it.

Im actually looking forward to seeing the progressive ideology discussed on it merits. I agree with this though.

This is true the ideology has been bouncing around for quite a while, some of us have been waiting patiently for those who believe in the ideology to argue it’s merits without resorting name calling.

I don’t think we are there yet. But getting closer.

4 Likes

From whom? Are you expecting me to be an ambassador for the “progressive ideology”?

Because if you are, then you still don’t understand my views. I have no interest in defending what you perceive as a progressive ideology. I have my values and I can discuss those. I can’t speak for anyone else.

Or you are attributing arguments to people who are not making them again? Once you stop lumping all leftists into one group and focus on the individual you are speaking with then this will be easier.

Thanks for the explanation :+1:

Yet there you are dominating a discussion on white privilege as we speak. 50+ posts in a day or so out of about 200 in that thread and you consider anyone who pushes back in any shape or form to the progressive orthodoxly as a right winger, right @Malasang88 ?

But you are definitely not what it looks like. Mmmm’ok, if you say so.

1 Like

Still a mis-characterization. Denying the existence of any disparity between races whatsoever is not “pushing back in any shape or form”. If someone said, I don’t like the word privilege then we could discuss what word would be more appropriate.

Or, someone thinks privilege is used as a weapon, then I would agree that sometimes that is the case. But does it exist or not? Or are there certain advantages where race is unfortunately a factor? That’s really not that hard to answer.

If you don’t want to even acknowledge there is in fact racism, then that I don’t see how that could not be right wing. Trying to argue that it is not, is gaslighting.

And I “dominate” a discussion because there are questions or comments directed at me. Not dominate in the sense of trying to shutdown discussion if that’s what you mean.

We are not going to rehash that discussion here. I was pointing out you had a fine sentiment seeing everyone as human.

But then also pointing out you don’t do that. You Pidgeon hole immediately anyone who pushes back on a single aspect aspect of Progressive thinking as a right winger and then demand no one do the same to the progressives.

In other words, it’s ok when you do it, but not ok for others to do it to progressives, they need to be treated with the upmost respect and thought of as humans at all times.

2 Likes

I am not pigeon holing. I used the word “advantage” over and over again since I know privilege will trigger an emotional response. I have no interest in that type of discussion and would rather focus on the why, how, and pervasiveness of racial disparities.

Basically I’m making accomodations in the vocabulary I use to avoid pigeon holing so people can meet in the middle. But then I’m met with complete denial, refusal to acknowledge, and tangents about de-funding the police. That is Right wing. I have no other word to describe it.

Someone disagrees on something. OK, you might find the disagreement or the point is self evident, in that thread I would stand by many of your remarks and that some are being obstinate.

But that doesn’t translate to someone being right wing. There are a multitude of issues spanning countless topics that constitute where someone might lie on the political spectrum.

Like you said, see people as humans and not do what you just admitted doing, labeling them and calling them right wing because you find a single point of disagreement.

Then all of us should avoid using the labels of left and right all together. It is not based on one single point of disagreement, but a pattern. I’m sure you see it the same way when you use the term left wing.

As for the forum, the pattern is a plethora of right-leaning content. Please don’t accuse efforts to add more balanced viewpoints/content as dominating, censoring or shutting down discussion. Let me contribute in peace.

In your opinion and from your perspective.

1 Like

Suggest taking an inward look for racism before worrying about the outside.

1 Like

I agree about the name-calling. Not only is it against the rules, it’s just sh*tty behavior.

HOWEVER, I don’t think people actually wanting to explore such complex and pertinent topics deserve any ire either, especially when they’re in the minority on this particular forum.

1 Like

People that identify with the progressive ideology are going to be in the minority by definition. They are a subset of the left leaning thinkers. So there is the entire right and a large section of the left that they need to deal with. Not easy.

But for sure, there are quite a few hoping to have this discussion. But I accept in the open forum type of environment it is not easy and often looks like a pile on when those topics are brought up and it doesn’t surprise me many progressives will avoid the discussion altogether.

2 Likes

Ever since the whole “China virus” thing, I’m betting they’d probably…yeah…

I don’t know. White supremacists in the US don’t seem to hate Asians and in fact almost sees asians as equal. When I was on the inside I had lots of friends who were in white supremacist gangs. They mainly don’t like blacks and mexicans (to a lesser extent).

3 Likes

Asians used to be targeted by the Klan in the late 1800s, and there were plenty of lynchings of Asian Americans by the Klan, especially in Western US. Let’s not forget the “Chinese Exclusion Act”.

The focus on Asians shifted after the invention of the “model immigrant” perspective, and the relatively successful Asian American communities are used to justify blaming African American communities for falling behind. When in fact it is actually systematic unfair treatments that led to many of those communities becoming stagnant.

1 Like

Problem is due to the people it’s impossible to eliminate the race aspect from US systems and lawmaking. There are plenty of laws on the books that are racist in nature, and only thing that really changed in recent times is that they now apply more universally than before (for example gun laws).

In fact a lot of hiring practice in the US discriminates too, but in far more subtle ways, such as personality tests.

1 Like

Your illustration tries to show that the Right just stood still the whole time which we all know not to be true (tea party, MAGA, proud boys,qanon,Jan.6). A better illustration would show both sides moving but this one is fun too.

The KKK is more like your grandpa’s far right.

12c~2

2 Likes