What would you say to a famous person next to you?

Nothing to say will let her/him to be alone just normal people.

1 Like

I really donā€™t like name dropping, because that just invites more questions I wonā€™t be comfortable with. Iā€™m related to someone famous, so thereā€™s a few Iā€™ve met through him and a few Iā€™ve met on my own accord.

Iā€™ve been in the vicinity of a number of famous people and never said anything. I assume they want to be left alone, same as I do.

The exception was once when I was taken by surprise. I was in St. Marks Bookshop in NYC up on the ladder browsing the top shelf. A voice below said, ā€œExcuse me, could you hand me that yellow book?ā€ I looked down and saw the voice belonged to Lou Reed. I very wittily said, ā€œYouā€™re Lou Reed.ā€ He said, ā€œYes, I am. Now could I have the book.?ā€

6 Likes

So do you get invited to their pool parties?

Donā€™t think i ever met anyone famousā€¦all my friends are more outcast then socialite sadly.

Hey, which type of character is the subject of more novels? The guy with all the famous friends or the guy who hangs out with all the weirdos? I guess it depends on the genre, but if youā€™re talking about capital-L-literature youā€™re in good company.

I met Donald Glover once a few years ago. I tried to have a conversation with him, but he was super crossfaded and just tried to pick me up. I am not the type to bang celebrities, or really anybody I just met (because ew, god knows where thatā€™s been) so I passed him off to my friend. Pretty sure they banged.

Recently-ish I saw Ron Jeremy in a hotel lobby. He looked like total shit. I almost felt sorry for him.

6 Likes

Pretty understandable, considering how much vital essence heā€™s lost over the years.

Oh, oh! One time I saw Slavoj Žižek doublefisting hot dogs in NYC. That was awesome.

This is the extent of my celebrity contact.

Ugh, gag.

He honestly looked like he was at deathā€™s door. Maybe he was on a bender.

Whatā€™s up vanilla face

https://youtu.be/quy61mzvQ2I

1 Like

Understandable. Theyā€™re human.

I met Steve Young when I was as a little kid. Nice guy.

When I was an intern in DC, I saw Patrick Ewing in his car, close to his alma mater. Didnā€™t say anything to him on another occasion.

I also saw Bob Dole coming out of Watergate Safeway carrying groceries. I said hi, he didnā€™t say anything back. He was kinda senile. Another intern in the same program as me did actually strike up a conversation with him.

I saw Bill Clinton signing his memoirs. Shook his hand and moved on. My buddy after me in line said he was a Republican and a big fan. Made him smile.

I met Harry Reid in church. He was nice, asked me where I was interning, etc. A little senile too. Didnā€™t try to take up too much of his time.

As I was walking to work, I saw Danny Ainge leave the Crystal City Marriott and put something in his car. I kept on looking at him, and he just turned and walked towards his car.

When I was younger I shared a hotel minivan with Evander Holyfield down somewhere in the Caribbean. Me my sister and brother were about to get in and my dad told me it was him. I guess it was around the time of the Olympics and before he really turned pro, otherwise I donā€™t know why he would have been. Anyway we sat in the back row, and Holyfield and his lady friend were in front of us, along with this other couple who must have been from Nebraska or something. The whole ride into town, this guy was peppering Holyfield with these inane questions, like ā€œDoes it hurt when you get hit? Does it? Does it?ā€ and his wife was staring at him like he gave milk. Holyfield was just grunting responses looking more and more pissed, and his lady looked about ready to s#$t. The three of us sat there cracking up in the back seat, I guess really noticeably because Holyfield eventually looked back at us and gave us a good dirty look. We didnā€™t laugh so much after that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh you know what, I forgot that I met Jeremy Lin several years ago after I went with one of my rich and well-connected friends to a special screening of that awful movie about his life. Heā€™s one big ugly sonavabitch. Dumb as hell, too. At least he can do sports, I guess.

They have that calm essence at seven.

1 Like

I met Her Royal Highness Princess Anne when I was a 16 year old fire cadet. I met her again 40 years later and she couldnā€™t remember me when I asked!:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:. image|690x467

I narrowly missed the Queen, Prince Harry and Meghan when I was in London. They were visiting school and I was like in another building. But I stole my friendā€™s videos then posted it on Facebook and Instagram to make it seem like I saw them in person. Lol.

Donā€™t fuck with me, I know @tando

1 Like

what?
Iā€™m now busy to read on taiwanese.

Thatā€™s my answer to the thread title