What!?!? You paid how much for a ticket to where?!?!

Fredricka Bimmel I am surprised that you had such a bad experience on Cathay Pacific. I have travelled on 20 plus airlines and I would rate Cathay as one of my top three. Along with Singapore airlines it is definitely one of the best in Asia if not the world. However, I can understand you not enjoying the experience if you had a 6 hour delay. I have always found the service on Cathay to very good and have never been delayed with them. Some airlines that I don’t particularly like are Garuda Indonesia, Malaysian Airlines, Alitalia, Iberian Airlines, Aerolineas Argentinas, EVA and China Airlines. Even though I am Australian I don’t particularly like Qantas either. They are not necessarily a bad airline but they are always overpriced, I have experienced many delays with them and often the flight crews are quite rude. I think the crew can make a big difference to how much you like an airline because they are the face of the organisation and the impression we gain from them is the strongest. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any opinions about particular airlines. Cheers, Erick

Hexuan wrote: [quote]FYI, Interlink quoted me 16,800 today return to Sydney on VA travelling end Oct, but 16,200 to Hanoi only [/quote]

Well I know what I’d do. Take the flight to Sydney, stop there for a couple of days then break my flight in Vietnam for two weeks. :wink:

Wix wrote:

That may have been the case previously but I do think they have made incredible improvements over the past few years. I have flown with them several times and sing their praises loudly. I tell you I don’t generally bother too much with airlines as I’m usually too spaced out to notice. Vietnam Ailines were an outstanding exception.

HG

I took Vietnam airlines before and they suck. Definitely second rate airline. Vietnam Airlines reminded me of the some of the airlines in China that I flown on. Maybe their long haul intercontinental flights are better, I can only speak for Taiwan to Vietnam flights.

Allow me—if you will—to dig deep into the Forumosan graveyard to bring this thread back to life.

If you’re travelling across the Pacific in the fall, Cathay Pacific now has some ultra discounted fares (O class economy—I don’t believe I have ever seen this) at prices that certainly caught my attention: west coast destinations like SFO, LAX, and YVR are under NT$10,000 return (!!!). Transfer in HKG; no stopovers permitted for these fares. For interested forumosans, details are posted here:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_TW/offers/flight/special-airfares-to-pac.html

Guy

6 Likes

Ha, during low times when nobody is flying. Over five times the cost of when I have time off with which to fly. Check their other “deals.” Even a year in advance, the price is over five times. Deals happen when occupancy is low, no matter which airline.

I think it’s safe to say that if you fly in summer out of Taiwan, airlines will get what they can out of you.

Since we’re heading into the fall, the sale I linked above may still be of use to other forumosans who have different schedules. And if so, good for them.

Guy

1 Like

I’m not arguing against that. I’m all for making your filling of empty seats in the Fall. Good for you. Just letting the good people know the prices are not 8,000 for the summer, more like 40,000. How is more information a bad thing? Clear intentions are appreciated

Uh, have a look at the title of thread. The whole point is that the limited time sale has prices that are, well, exceptional. If someone can take advantage of this—alas it won’t be me—good for them.

Guy

Screenshot_20180826-055445

Wow, thanks. Thread title is " What??? You paid how much for a ticket to where!!!" Based on your past posts… I’m now in humble gratitude. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice to give us all the very of best advice

I wish you a nice day too.

Guy

1 Like

Can we go back to these prices? That would be grand.

Checked for flying in January and it was around NT$8,800 to SF. An amazing deal! Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Awesome! I’m super pleased you scored a deal.

Guy