What's a good starting salary for a English copywriting job in Taiwan?

Oh. Ok. Got it. So instead of say maybe needing five copy writers to do a job, only need one to direct the AI. Would that be about right?

Thatā€™s a little extreme. I would say instead of having to hire five copywriters, you now only need to hire four. Each will individually direct their own AI to write what they are individually assigned to write.

Giving detailed written instructions to the AI and then proofreading and editing the output doesnā€™t save THAT much time compared to writing something yourself. However, it could make your finished product better.

1 Like

Not at all. In fact, many companies are not going to feel comfortable training ChatGPT on enough of their technical data that would allow it to write convincing copy.

What do you mean by ā€œtech background?ā€ Does 4 years of copywriting for a tech company count towards your salary recommendation, or do you mean some kind of tech-related degree?

100-120 sounds like a lot for a Taiwanese company to fork up and I personally havenā€™t seen any local companies that allow remote work ā€¦

Thatā€™s pretty much what Iā€™m doing. Four month bonus and Iā€™ve stiff armed a remote work condition by telling them I wonā€™t work in their office, take it or leave it.

Itā€™s pretty impressive that they agreed to that and didnā€™t decide to choose from the plethora of other copywriters.

Well nah. Iā€™m fully bilingual with 35 years experience :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Those are some important tidbits that would definitely disqualify me from being able to negotiate remote work. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, donā€™t try that at home, so to speak.

Holy cow, thatā€™s an industry low.

Just to add, this pay range is still relevant today IF you have absolutely no writing experience. If you have at least 3 years experience, 60K should be your baseline.

Then work remote for a western company, or one with a SG/HK presence.

I was a patent/disclosure document writer for three years in early 2000s when not in public service. With stock and bonuses, my monthly was about 150,000. Was worth it but only because of the Taiwanese-American leadership.

1 Like