What's the best 7/11 for partying at in Taipei?

Required criteria

• Beer on tap

• Patio

• Good crowds

The big one in Gongoun near the water museum used to be good, but now they close the outdoor patio at 10pm. Used to be able to party there with students until 2-3 AM.

2 Likes

Glad to see youā€™ve converted.

The proper boss move is going to a large supermarket, or good beer shop, buying a cooler and ice and heading to either the mountains, rivers or beach!

711, same same.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing you are fairly young, like under 30 :slightly_smiling_face: I mean, to be partying at a 7-11at 2-3 am in the morning. There is a reason why they had to close up the patio area at 10 pm :smile: In all seriousness, why donā€™t you just start partying earlier, and then move on to a bar just around the corner, Another Brick, then a cheap taxi ride to Barcade, then a taxi to to Maji square, lots of clubs.

More like a capitulation

I agree with your suggestions, but some people are insistent that its a 711, Family Mart, or bust.

1 Like

The reason being price? They do take out, and taxi is cheap to a very first class atmosphereā€¦

Maybe itā€™s my age, but I avoid people that think 711 is a great atmosphere to be having fun or meaningful interactions in. Literally a hundred or 2 dollars gets people to a truly magical land where beer and food can be brought to.

On the flip side. As per the question, I find 711s in Taipei to be basically the worst of the entire country. Usually rhey are very small, crowded, little or no seating, most donā€™t have bathrooms, the staff are either on uppers or complete assholes. And in the AM there are loads of, letā€™s say ā€œspecialā€ people hanging around. Itā€™s pretty much the polar opposite of a fun time. Head out of the city, where real estate is less vertical, and where there are less twisted people.

Sure. Can you suggest one with a patio and a good crowd in Taipei County then?

I donā€™t live up north. But outside of cities I have seen many 711s across from a Beach, park, otherwise pretty decent place to hang out.

In Taipei I would assume most parks have a 711 nearby, and are normally infinitely better than inside the 7 proper. Might be a 100m walk. But parks are also easier to pee at than taipei 711sā€¦

I see. What are their budgets? 1,000n NT? I easily blow 2 k+ on a night out in Taipei. And thatā€™s just in bars.

Itā€™s not so much about a budget, itā€™s rather that they (and they are the average Forumosa poster age) have already spent enough money at the bars. Remember, everything is being benchmarked to the hey-days of Carnegies circa 2003.

That is quite the ā€œbenchmark.ā€ :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

12 posts and no useful advice.

Is there really not a convenience store with a patio as good as the one in Gongoun?

Sure there is! The companion 7-11 (also on NTU land) on Keelung Road at the Changxing Road intersection.

Guy

1 Like

Good call.

But, the one by the water park is the best.

Good call.

That is why I get paid the big bucks. :rofl:

Guy

The old ā€˜Gentlemanā€™s Loungeā€™ was the best, across from the old Luxy, currently Omni. Eye candy galore :wink:

Sorry, despite my salary, I am not familiar with that branch of 7-11.

Guy

you missed out xx