What's the biggest "Tax Refund" you have ever gotten (successfully)?

The tax e-filing platform is showing me, no individual income tax to be paid, and 57,000 NT$ in tax refund. If I also add both parents, the tax refund goes up to 127,000 NT$.

I am used to getting 2K to 5K in refund, but this is much bigger comparatively. I am not sure if they will pay it out easily or make things extra complicated.

I wonder if others here have succeeded in getting such large tax refunds. Please share.

it simply you overpaid. I think there is no reason for them make things extra complicated.

I once or twice got ~100k NTD refund.

2 Likes

Thanks for that confirmation. I will go ahead with the filing and provide necessary supplementary documents (for my parents). Will report back if I am successful.

Cheers!

I don’t think that’s the money you get. It’s the money you don’t get taxed on.

1 Like

I am quite sure that’s the refund amount displayed. I have compared it against my tax filing from the last 5 years.

Their e-filing software will normally show “Tax payable” instead of “Tax refund” if you need to pay them.

1 Like

Wow! I had to pay an additional 56k this year.

1 Like

Yes, totally understand. Last year I had to pay them 75,000 NT$. In one of my worst years (Tax-wise), I paid them 300,000 NT$. So, I am really interested in getting something back from them, finally :slight_smile:

1 Like