What's the most under rated area to live in Taipei?

Is underrated one word, hardy har har?

So, let me have it! What’s your fave?

I’m moving to Taipei in Sept.

EDIT: Barf! Sorry all, I didn’t notice how covered this topic already was.

I’d like to add that I have a van and a couple motorbikes. I like old houses that look like they’ll fall down in the next Equake. I’m not too big on the “Melrose Place” thing either. It makes me sick seeing my friends wearing their slippers in the elevators going to their friend’s place on the 8th floor for movie night… gag.

Sei sei

Trust me, my neighbors don’t walk around visiting each other’s apartments. I lived in my building for almost 5 months before any of them caught sight of me. I still have only seen my next-door neighbor once in almost a year, although I hear his bloody dog almost every day.

I do not want a doorman watching my pick my nose or feel my girlfriend in the elevator either. I don’t feel that he’s earned the right to have a peek into my life’s every move.

What are the chances of finding a house? I don’t mind leaving the city as long as I can get to any MRT stop in 5 mins.

Dogs suck. My neighbor has a dog that barks at air at 7 every morning. I’m tempted to fill a squirt gun with antifreeze :raspberry: and watch it lick itself to death

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]I do not want a doorman watching my pick my nose or feel my girlfriend in the elevator either. I don’t feel that he’s earned the right to have a peek into my life’s every move.

What are the chances of finding a house? I don’t mind leaving the city as long as I can get to any MRT stop in 5 mins.

Dogs suck. My neighbor has a dog that barks at air at 7 every morning. I’m tempted to fill a squirt gun with antifreeze :raspberry: and watch it lick itself to death[/quote]

Well, you’d have to check in that other thread. We’ve pretty much hacked that to death… I mean the finding a house thing :wink:

EDIT: [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/what-do-we-obtain-renting-a-place-for-2-200-us-a-house/17036/1 here[/url]